• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA IV Discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah I saw that tip the other day. I guess it's about time I change anyway. Haven't changed since I got the suit for the job interview... :beer:

I had the suit before the job interview. I think he looks a bit like Jason Statham from The Transporter with the suit on so I leave him in that.

I'm trying to beat the mission "Undressed to Kill" where you're trying to take the nightclub back for Dwayne and you have to kill the three owners. I get killed every single time. I tried killing the one in the front first, the one in the back first, if you hit innocent bystanders cops come, if you don't, they don't. Now I've got armor and all kinds of guns. I think I'll try shooting the one upfront again and working my way to the back using a lot of cover fire. What did you do?

Cops should come no matter what due to gunshots. I think I did it with a shotgun or pistol. Don't remember it being very hard.

Cops should come no matter what due to gunshots. I think I did it with a shotgun or pistol. Don't remember it being very hard.

Yeah. What I didn't realize was, after you kill the first one, the rest ran out the back. If you'd stayed in the club it WOULD'VE been kind of hard. But I killed all the security in the club only to discover my targets had left. Then there's a car chase. I just killed the driver and then the other guy who got out.

Body armor helped... But I wouldn't have needed it if I'd have known they were going to run out.

And no: Cops didn't show. They only show if you shoot innocent bystanders.

all i did was after i killed the first owner i ran out the front and caught up to them went past em got out and used the RPG i found in algonquin and blew the truck up. Quick, quiet and effencient....ok ok not so quiet but the fireworks was f***ing awesome.

No need to mess with any of the nightclub bouncers. just walk to the back room without any guns pulled out, blow away the guard and the guy in the strip booth, run out the back door and hop in a car and then chase the other guy down.

No need to mess with any of the nightclub bouncers. just walk to the back room without any guns pulled out, blow away the guard and the guy in the strip booth, run out the back door and hop in a car and then chase the other guy down.

Yeah. I realized all that WAY after the fact. :)

Pro tip: For the mission 'Late Checkout', sneak around the corner after you enter the lobby (go back outside and around), and take the lift up. Then you can do some fun stuff :D

Pro tip: For the mission 'Late Checkout', sneak around the corner after you enter the lobby (go back outside and around), and take the lift up. Then you can do some fun stuff :D

Hmm. Whats that? You mean just dispose of the bad guys in a fun way?

how many missions are there?
oh i am glad that jeff guy bit the dust, if the car hadnt run him over i was gonna shoot his ***. i seriously have not been annoyed by a digital person like that before

quick tip, in the mission (Long Fall From the Top or something like that) where you've got to shake down the guy in the football jersey to find out the location of the gangster, don't let him walk away, shoot his *** or you're in for a ****storm

Is anybody else disappointed with the lack of depth in this game?

One thing for instance...when you make money there's nothing to spend it on, no real estate or anything. I don't understand how they can make steps backward from something like Vice City. And I haven't finished the main storyline, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be satisfying where you are a head honcho or anything.

Or maybe I'm just being too picky...it is fun to go on rampages and all, I just want MORE.

Is anybody else disappointed with the lack of depth in this game?

One thing for instance...when you make money there's nothing to spend it on, no real estate or anything. I don't understand how they can make steps backward from something like Vice City. And I haven't finished the main storyline, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be satisfying where you are a head honcho or anything.

Or maybe I'm just being too picky...it is fun to go on rampages and all, I just want MORE.

YES! The game is not bad but SAN ANDREAS was MUCH better. There was so much to do... I think this getting phone calls from, going to eat with, see a show with, play pool or darts etc.... with your ever increasing number of friends is just plain annoying. I want to play GTA not the ****ing Sims. There is benefits to having friends thoug, Kiki with wanted level, LJ with cheaper and closer guns/armor etc....

YES! The game is not bad but SAN ANDREAS was MUCH better. There was so much to do... I think this getting phone calls from, going to eat with, see a show with, play pool or darts etc.... with your ever increasing number of friends is just plain annoying. I want to play GTA not the ****ing Sims. There is benefits to having friends thoug, Kiki with wanted level, LJ with cheaper and closer guns/armor etc....

I disagree. I find this game mcuh more involving than SA. In SA you could do lots, but in this one you can do lots more. Plus you have to keep up your friends and GFs which is (while sims like) interesting. But you also don't have to keep them up at all.

man i hate this boat mission with this kim guy thats smuggling money into the country or something. he always gets his *** shot and i am pumping the other boats full of bullets but they dont do a damn thing other than KEEP LIVING. then it tells me to shoot the helicopter and then it says oh kims dead....ARGH! why did you just tell me to shoot the helicopter of the other boats are gonna kill em then!

man i hate this boat mission with this kim guy thats smuggling money into the country or something. he always gets his *** shot and i am pumping the other boats full of bullets but they dont do a damn thing other than KEEP LIVING. then it tells me to shoot the helicopter and then it says oh kims dead....ARGH! why did you just tell me to shoot the helicopter of the other boats are gonna kill em then!

Really? I beat that one on my first shot. Shoot the copter down then use the rocket launcher on the other boats (I shot one and the other went down as well). I actually have not had many problems with one particular mission and I think I am almost done beating the story. I think the only one that gave me grief was the bank robbery (and only because Packie or the other guy kept getting killed).

Back