• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Our stats page

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think he quit the team. Still folding though, just not with us. @Holdolin Please feel free to rejoin us if you ever wish. Otherwise.... Fold on!

He is also continuing the idea of a stats page from this thread over at the [H]ord. No harm no fowl but perhaps worthy of the note.

Last edited:
Had a bit of time to look at the stats file. Notepad++ for the win. I still need to decipher exactly what each field is and best way to parse it. Looks like it only contains current stats so we would be starting at ground zero without all the historical data, but we would be able to build our own records starting from whenever we start pulling data.

I encourage those with the knowledge, skill, equipment and inclination to make this happen.
To host the Folding stats on overclocker.com should be a tremendous draw for new folders to Team 32. It would be analogous to a spotlight.
Additionally, a modernized set of brackets would be more informative.

Question is there a restriction on what codebase needs to be used for the backend part of things?
I can work with a number of different programing languages, but I have my preferences.
I dont know what all is running on our servers and if there is a particular platform that would be preferred or should be avoided.
Ideally I would prefer to write the server app in Java but there are a bunch of different options.
I also assume that it would be no issue to setup a SQL database to hook into?

Has any headway been made on this? I am currently working on a few components that would be required on the backend but I don't want to continue if there's already another project in progress.

I know @ssjwizard started something (?) and I have a dude who signed up that wants to help (not sure he's poked his head in here) as well.

I'll get my dude in so those who know can all be involved and perhaps get some momentum going if there hasn't been any behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I'm that "dude" EarthDog is speaking about. My current laptop if a MacBook Pro from 2013 that's not new enough to do OS updates on, and therefore no fancy development environments for me. Anyhow, I've been meaning to get back into programming for about 2 years now, and this is something that has sparked my interest.

@ssjwizard would you be interested in sharing some information about the project with me? What language / frameworks are you using? Where / how is the server hosted / updated? Is the client code server side generated? I assume so considering you're doing API pulls from another site on a timed bases. Do you need any help with the API functions? I can probably write those if you tell me which API calls you're interested and the desired configuration of the response object.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you and discussing anything you'd like to discuss.

I'm just checking in to give you guys words of encouragement. So let's pretend that I did that and that you are now more motivated than you were before. I've been watching Ted Lasso so let's pretend that I gave one of his types of speeches.

Thanks guys.

Hello everyone. I'm that "dude" EarthDog is speaking about. My current laptop if a MacBook Pro from 2013 that's not new enough to do OS updates on, and therefore no fancy development environments for me. Anyhow, I've been meaning to get back into programming for about 2 years now, and this is something that has sparked my interest.

@ssjwizard would you be interested in sharing some information about the project with me? What language / frameworks are you using? Where / how is the server hosted / updated? Is the client code server side generated? I assume so considering you're doing API pulls from another site on a timed bases. Do you need any help with the API functions? I can probably write those if you tell me which API calls you're interested and the desired configuration of the response object.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you and discussing anything you'd like to discuss.
So Ive been super busy lately and havent made much progress other than whats posted in this thread. Basically all I've done at this point is a basic evaluation. The stats file is a raw text file that updates every 3 hours. There are 2 files one for team stats and one for user stats. The user stats file has a ton of lines in it. Im not using any specific frameworks for the backend app. I was planing to code it in Java but nothing has been coded yet so its all flexible. We need to take the parsed data and shove it into some sort of database probably some flavor of SQL would be best. The analytics side is all frontend generated and thats definitely not my area of expertise.

Those first two things you mentioned aren't that hard to do actually. I've essentially replicated the Stanford stats page utilizing a download and parsing script to yoink the daily_user_summary.txt.bz2 file and parse it into a database. Then a basic front end search box to output the corresponding line from the database based on a username search. But I'm not a developer so I don't really know if I'm heading in the right direction or just making crap that already exists but uglier lmao.

I will say my user search is a lot faster than stanford's lol.

Back