• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo for a Celly 900...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

takiwa

for the chip in my sig below...what is the best o/c mobo for it? I know there are quite a few opinions on this, but I am looking for the best board, hands down, all factors considered...FSB, Voltage, Chipset, BIOS...the whole nine...so, can anyone give me a suggestion? I would like to spend under $175...preferably $150 or less...:D

I have a GA60XET-C on the way, I'm not sure if it's the right
one. There are some issues with it. I would get a tualatin
compatible board, for a future upgrade.

The problem with the XET-C has been resolved....Thankfully (thought i'd reccomended a dud board....Felt very bad!). Seems like a problem that may be present on many 815 chipsets (the same problem the CUSL2 had with stability at inital bootup).

Look at Oldfarts thread in the Intel CPU forum for more info....

lizard...the soyo looks promising...i don't know though, kinda wanted 4 dimm slots...and my present board goes to 150FSB...looking for more

flu!d, you're up on the giga boards...I like 'em, but I don't know that much about the GA60XET-C...tell me more...

One thing about 815E boards. There are so many very good ones, its hard to choose. Definitely get one that is Tually compatible.

Takiwa....

I have the top of the range XET which is becoming hard to find. It's feature set includes full voltage adjustment between the ranges of 1.050-1.825 volts, AGP voltage adjustment, DIMM voltage adjustment, 1/5th and 1/6th pci dividers (if you can get your RAM that high!), AGP 4X no matter what the FSB, 1/4 pci divider at any speed you want (all dividers are selectable via the bios), 4 DIMM slots, AGP slot with card retention clip, duel bios and Creative onboard sound as well as very nice construction quality and very good looks!

The XET-C is the board to get if you can't find the XET. Basically the same board minus one DIMM slot (really dosen't matter as the extra DIMM slot dosen't add to the maximum RAM capacity anyway!), minus the duel bios and minus the Creative onboard sound....You don't really need these options and it makes the board cheaper anyway.

The XET-C also misses out on the dip switches that allow for different FSB/RAM settings (ie:FSB 166 / RAM 125). The option is avaliable in the bios although getting it to work is another matter alltogether! Dosen't aid peformance anyway....Like taking one step forward two steps backward!

Happy shopping!

I'd rather not have the built-in sound, but your saying the dipswitches are better than the BIOS settings for the FSB?

Back