• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official: What Have I Killed Benching Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh and BTW Mr. Scott, I'm glad it was a Athlon II 240 and not a 240e you were benching. I just picked up a 240e on Ebay cheap and was playing with it a bit this week. It did a lil over 4.0 so far on a few of the tougher benches such as Cine 11.5 and 15.

I have one of those here too. Don't worry though, It's about the same as your's is. It'll be fun. Mini contest. :)

Uh OH! I think I may have pushed a little to hard. My ASUS M3A79T-Deluxe doesn't want to post now. It's doing the same thing my old MSI board did. Fan start up slow and no post, like it's not getting enough juice. CMOS has been cleared several times. I might have to swap CPU's and MoBo's to find out where the weak link is. :rain:

UPDATE:

Good news and bad news(mostly good)

My Athlon II X2 265 survived. HooRAY!
lives.PNG

Bad news and good advice. Never stick you finger in a rotating High Speed Yate Loon. It's not good for you or the fan. LOL
20141022_185228[1].jpg

Thanks for the concern guys, although I know you're just looking for gore here. LOL Truth is my meat hook is tougher than any PC fan. I'm glad I don't have any of those steel fans though. I've seen some nasty encounters with those. I've put this hand through a cars fan belt one time. That one hurt.

Yea I seen a few pretty bad ones from the metal and the plastic but it had only got the guys fingertip so that's why it did some damage.

At least you didn't lose a digit. Lol

For me today, it's a 7970 and a Asrock z97m OCC Formula...

Doing this:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm03/6519643

Just time to send the submission and pfff... Black screen...

No juice at all on the Mobo.

Tried another PSU, nada...

Tried the GPU in another MoBo, not even recognized in BIOS...

So, the 7970 will go to the thrash, and the MoBo back to the online shop (I received it 5 days ago, so they'll send me anew one before the end of the week).

Then back on my DP67BG/3470K. A luck I didn't send it to my buddy!

I hope it did not. Verdict net week!

It looks like the mobo is not powered at all anymore. So hopefully, the CPU survived.

ÿep, will have to deal directly with Sapphire (it's the second time THIS 7970 goes RMA, :D, didn't like 1.4v...).

A P5K vanillla, P5K Pro and a P5K Deluxe. These boards seem to be really fragile compared to my Rampage Formula which I abuse terribly.

I guess I'll have to make a contribution to this thread too now.

1. Pentium G3258 (what a pos... but I still love the G3258s) $68
2. GA-990FXA-UD3 (condensation hidden at southbridge from dice the night before... lights up but no post... noooooo!!!) $80
<strike>3. EVGA psu 110-B1-0750-VR (First use... pfft) $60</strike> It lived!!! yeah
4. Scythe Slipstream 110.3 CFM fan (x2) (ouch... ouch... I saved one by breaking the opposite blade, vibration in minimal) like $10
5. Delta?? fan (hit the heatsink and blades went flying) $?
6. Sempron 145 x2 (It came and died with the GA-990FXA-UD3)(??) $20
7. Asrock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer. (I was ocing the nb to 3000) $100+

sb.PNG

I noticed a piece might be missing, might have been like that.
savew.PNG

Last edited:
I guess I'll have to make a contribution to this thread too now.

1. Pentium G3258 (what a pos... but I still love the G3258s)
2. GA-990FXA-UD3 (condensation hidden at southbridge from dice the night before... lights up but no post... noooooo!!!)
3. EVGA psu 110-B1-0750-VR (First use... pfft)
4. Scythe Slipstream 110.3 CFM fan (x2) (ouch... ouch... I saved one by breaking the opposite blade, vibration in minimal)
5. Delta?? fan (hit the heatsink and blades went flying)

If the motherboard didn't let out smoke then it may come alive once it has had good chance to dry. disconnect psu and take out the battery and put a fan blowing on things after every sesseion when benching cold.

Back