• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A 4850 review at XS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's two RV770 dies on a PCB, not a single dual core die. The HD 3870 X2 was codenamed RV680, even though it was just two RV670 cores on single PCB.

There is talk of a shared memory controller though. We'll just have to wait and see.

There is talk of a shared memory controller though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Then what are we waiting for? Let's drop a hypertransport bus on them (j/k). This whole story is getting more and more interesting.

Maybe I've missed it, but do the X2 versions of these cards come out at the same time as the regular cards or at a later date?

At a later date, supposedly 6 weeks later.

Isn't the X2 two dies packaged together like my q6600? But then how are they connected together? packages PCIe switch?

But I don't really know how you'll set up the memory, use a single 512-bit GDDR5 bank, or dual 256-bit banks.

Wow I totally wasn't expecting that. I was gonna get a 8800GT, which was gonna be my first Nvidia card in a long time but now I might wait for this.

AFAIK it will be packaged like a q6600 and won't need a PCIe switch, would expect it to work as dual 256 for the sake of simplicity.

Got any links or pics? Be interesting if they start putting multi GPU on a single chip.

Back