• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when will you get an SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am not really interested in a SSD at this point for any of my desktop rigs. The price per unit storage is going to have to be close to that of spinning rust before it gets my attention.

However, in a few years when it's time to get a new laptop, I will be very interested in SSD for no other reason than to extend battery life.

Maybe someone could give a heads up as to when the prices of the more reputable/practical (intel) ssd would be affordable, like the current OCZ series. If it's any more than a year, i might just pick up a velociraptor in the meantime.

When 128GB+ is less than 100, and also don't have any of the problems today. But, by that time 750GB drives will be around the 100 range. So I guess its more of when the prices of ssd and platter based drives aren't too far appart.

I probably wont be switching for quite some time. SSD's dont make much sense in a desktop right now. When the technology matures and the performance is worth it, I will get one (or many).

Back