• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding this SSD Mounting Hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wade7575

Registered
I was wondering if anyone can tell me where to get this type of standoff for holding down the end of an SSD,I'm wanting one that's the same or like the one in the picture where the screw goes up threw the bottom of the circuit board and screws into the standoff.

The reason I want this style is because I got a few Orico SSD enclosures but they came with rub plug's that go in threw a hole in the board and I want to be able to change the SSD from time to time with worry of wrecking the rubber plug,I also need this style for a few other things I want to do.

Capture2.PNG

Have you checked that the enclosure has threading in it to be able to use the typical standoff? The pictures I see of one on Amazon reviews show no threading in that location.

Have you checked that the enclosure has threading in it to be able to use the typical standoff? The pictures I see of one on Amazon reviews show no threading in that location.
I need a standoff where there the screw just goes up threw the hole and the hole on the board is not threaded.

Aren't those soldered on? I had one break on me a motherboard and it was soldered.

EDIT: I wouldn't worry about one, honestly...especially if the enclosure has a heatsink and thermal tape to keep it 'stuck' to the enclosure. Sometimes boards don't have that in the (right) slot for the device and I just run without.

Google searched for NVMe standoff.

Post magically merged:

Man ED. I'm feeling the love today. ;) Thanks.

Last edited:
Google searched for NVMe standoff.

Post magically merged:

Man ED. I'm feeling the love today. ;) Thanks.
Those are standoff's that go into a thread hole,the one in the picture that I posted above has the threads in the brass peace and he the board is not threaded and the screw goes up threw the board and into threaded brass part to stay in place.

Taking this kit; Take the small standoff and use it upside down. Threads up. Take one of the screws and attach it through the board and into the standoff. Going to your local hardware store, get a small nut to go onto the threads to actually hold your M.2 drive.

Not the exact thing that you are looking for but it may work for you.

Back