• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 and 2x 4890 xfire wc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^^ to which i respond for the price of 1 notuca you can get 4-5 yate loons to outlast the one fan. only thing is shipping each time.

You just negated your own response by bringing up shipping, and didn't address any of the ancillary points that I mentioned, like quiet operation by design.

but either way is good.

Actually either choice is valid, the individual decides which way is "good" and has to live with the possibility of being wrong.

i wasn't trying to argue or anything, i forgot to put a :) to show that i was more so kidding. well for the most part. with shipping it cuts you back to 2 or 3 yates per 1 noc. but i am not trying to say that the noc's aren't worth it, from what i hear they are. but just like compression fittings i hate spending $50+ on something i don't have to when i can get almost the same results for far less.

i was saying IMO either way is good. it's up to the OP to decide his route.

with shipping it cuts you back to 2 or 3 yates per 1 noc. but i am not trying to say that the noc's aren't worth it, from what i hear they are. but just like compression fittings i hate spending $50+ on something i don't have to when i can get almost the same results for far less.

Joking or not, the relative price of something should never be used as the only determining factor. If it was then I'm sure we could spend days going through each others parts list bad-mouthing this or that. That's why I started my response to you by saying: "Sometimes, just sometimes, the added expense for quality parts is worth it." Beyond this very simple truism, we all have differing budgets when it comes to this stuff.

Using your example of compressions, I waited for them to be available for 1/2-3/4 for a long time. The little I pay for them is more than worth it considering the ease of mounting, security and looks they offer. Do you have to feel the same way? Of course not. However, we both have every right to offer our respctive preference as a viable option, but without the empty argument of which approach is cheaper.

i was saying IMO either way is good. it's up to the OP to decide his route.

To which I responded that taking all aspects into account one option is likely better than the other and it's the purchasers job to figure out which is indeed "good." Of course it's the OPs choice. Did I suggest otherwise?

Spawn and I should be able to discuss methods without being told to shut up, C. I don't see any other threads here forced to address just the initial premise.

For what it is worth, I have Noctuas in my setup, along with Yate mediums. Yates on the rads, Noctuas in the case. The Nocs are much more quiet than the Yates, but also move a little less air. I'm thinking those Nocs would be fine in your rig, especially having two 3x120 rads.

For the record, there are 800 & 1200RPM straight blade Noc fans that are far more suitable as case fans. I use the 1300RPM, 9-blade Nocs on my rad in push/pull.

For what it is worth, I have Noctuas in my setup, along with Yate mediums. Yates on the rads, Noctuas in the case. The Nocs are much more quiet than the Yates, but also move a little less air. I'm thinking those Nocs would be fine in your rig, especially having two 3x120 rads.

assuming thats directed at me, with my yates at 5v they are silent. unless you ear is next to them or within 6" from them all you hear a is a slight swirling sound.

the loudest part of my system is a 80mm kama flow fan running at 100%.

at the end of the day i am plenty happy with my yates and barbs+clamps and all the extra cash to spend on other stuff.

at the end of the day i am plenty happy with my yates and barbs+clamps and all the extra cash to spend on other stuff.

:D Assuming this was addressed to me, I'm just as happy with my fancy fans, compression fittings, and I still have loads of cash to spend on the important things + a bit to save.

Spawn and I should be able to discuss methods without being told to shut up, C. I don't see any other threads here forced to address just the initial premise.

He has a habit of telling people not to nitpick and deviate from the thread. He may or may not be right.

:D Assuming this was addressed to me, I'm just as happy with my fancy fans, compression fittings, and I still have loads of cash to spend on the important things + a bit to save.

Then coount yourself lucky :D.

Then coount yourself lucky :D.

No luck involved BF, I've paid my dues, and more. ;) Also, where would places like this be if not for nitpicking deviation? :D Spawn and I have had discussions like this before without wanting to slit each others throats. Hey Spawn, do you remember MDK1958?

yup, i was actually wondering what happened to him early today.

EDIT.. dur i figured it out. that was a neat surprise.

Last edited:
No luck involved BF, I've paid my dues, and more. ;) Also, where would places like this be if not for nitpicking deviation? :D Spawn and I have had discussions like this before without wanting to slit each others throats. Hey Spawn, do you remember MDK1958?

Lucky that you're not a mental retard? :beer: But that includes many people in the world. Perhaps I should say, lucky to have the farsightedness and ability to resist temptation?

There's always a balance but I think this is alright.

no need for name calling(can't quite tell with the internet). after all this is what a forum is for as we have said. this is what is meant for forums and well i'm tired and have lost what ever train of thought there was. night.

Lucky that you're not a mental retard? :beer: But that includes many people in the world. Perhaps I should say, lucky to have the farsightedness and ability to resist temptation?

There's always a balance but I think this is alright.

Lucky that I'm not a retard? For sure! :D I get your meaning though.

no need for name calling(can't quite tell with the internet). after all this is what a forum is for as we have said. this is what is meant for forums and well i'm tired and have lost what ever train of thought there was. night.

Nope, not calling names.

assuming thats directed at me, ...
No, not really. Just putting my experience with them out there.

All my fans are running stock v at max speed. The Yate Ms are audible, but its *well* below even a nickpicker's tolerance level. The Nocs are almost silent in the case at max speed.

If they are silent undervolted, it wouldn't come as any surpise to me.

Back