• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

linux 9.04

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
probably never. The analogy of Windows to Linux (all distro's), breaks down real fast, because Linux is based on using the Command Line Interface from a terminal text window.

There are "man" pages, to assist you, but no GUI, and I can't find the "women", at all. :p :p

Windows work is based on inspecting and/or modifications to the registry, for almost everything except SAFE mode stuff. You can do almost everything using the GUI.

I hate to be off topic, just wanted to point out the title should have read Ubuntu 9.04, the words Ubuntu and Linux aren't interchangeable. Linux is a posix compliant UNIX-like kernel, while Ubuntu is a particular flavor or GNU/Linux operating system.

Sorry to nit-pick so much. (^_~)

Oh you didn't hate it all that much, buddy! :p :p

We're mostly Linux and Ubuntu noobs, so nit-pickers of all types are *very* welcome. We have tons to learn. :cool:

yes, please come in, lend a hand as we get things setup.

new problem is activating coolbits, it opens a blank pad and when i go to save its says cant find /etc/x11/xorg.conf
would be nice to have this to turn the fan up since its getting up to 74*C

and now im also having a problem with fahmon

when i try to run fahmon i get a
Code:
fahmon: error while loading shared libraries: libwxcurl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ive re done it and still get that error.

augh

I believe these two lines of code are the one's that are goofed so far:
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential 
sudo apt-get install libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-dev libcurl4-dev

If those are working without error, your missing file problem should go away - hopefully.

If not, then I'd redo these lines in a terminal:

Code:
./configure
make
sudo make install

That Actually has realllllly been bugging me, but I didn't post cause I didn't want to offend anyone/make him feel like a n00b.

fyi you are such a newbie dark bishop. You don't deserver nothing! Now just mail that 8800gt over this way, and all will be well :p

Don't forget our wiki,
http://gpu2.twomurs.com/index.php

And if you still have troubles, lmk, I'll walk you through it.

Last edited:
Don't forget out wiki,

I met Mr. Wiki once, but I never knew his first name was "out". Maybe I just forgot 50% of Mr. Wiki, eh? :p :p :p

If you could spare some reinforcements, I could use them I'm being attacked almost non-stop. They are coming from 227,236 and 229,240 . My location is

WTH you talking 'bout, now?

I hate to be off topic, just wanted to point out the title should have read Ubuntu 9.04, the words Ubuntu and Linux aren't interchangeable. Linux is a posix compliant UNIX-like kernel, while Ubuntu is a particular flavor or GNU/Linux operating system.

Yeah, I thought for a minute there that Linus had gone batsh*t.

p.s., contrary to what Richard M. Stallman thinks, non-GNU userlands are possible (if you don't use glibc, then you have at least a less-GNU userland). GNU/Linux is too much of a mouthful...so I'll call it Linux, thanks.

fahmon: error while loading shared libraries: libwxcurl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
It's quite possible it's looking for a library with a different soname. (Sometimes across revisions of libraries, especially when there's been an ABI change, developers will deliberately break backwards compatibility through a soname change to make sure that applications fail gracefully at startup, rather than run amok.)

I met Mr. Wiki once, but I never knew his first name was "out". Maybe I just forgot 50% of Mr. Wiki, eh? :p :p :p

WTH you talking 'bout, now?

Listen it was late. I copy and pasted the wrong thing. Lesson learn, always at least glance at what you paste. :bang head

As far as your error, try
Code:
sudo ldconfig

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7445521 (post #19)

Also why not try out HFM, http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/ . All you have to do is install mono,
Code:
sudo apt-get install mono

Then from the folder where you unzipped it,
Code:
mono HFM.exe

still getting this after ive re run all those

I think you just don't have the wxWidget libs installed

Code:
sudo apt-get install libwxgtk-2.8

sudo apt-get install libwxgtk-2.8-dev

I think will solve that.

Did you get the CUDA wrapper setup and running F@H yet?

Back