• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hypertransport Sync Flood Error - what is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bumping this thread, having all sorts of weird problems with this error.. Heres the short story:
Recently bought a 870-G45 MSI motherboard, as well as some Corsair 1333mhz DDr3 ram and a new case. My graphics card is a 4850, and my processor is a phenom II 550BE 3.1ghz, now i've never seen this error before or anything like that and all these parts worked flawlessly until now. I was doing some overclocking, nothing huge, then realized I'd rather just put it back to default clocks..

And all was fine.. Now, today i've been messing around with ATI catalyst (or whatever its called now) and it's auto-overclock feature, and whenever i use it i'd get the Hypertransport error, EVERY time. So I scrapped that idea, and stopped trying and uninstalled catalyst all togeather. Awhile later for some reason I installed it again, and now my computer is totally acting weird.. I got this error a bunch of times and I read somewhere to disable a feature in the bios called 'HPET' and i did, then I booted into windows to notice the taskbar was the classic taskbar, NO services or programs start up, or anything at all ( maybe this was from an unsuccessful change in MSconfig while i was getting the hypertransport error..) But anyway, that didn't fix it. I returned to the bios to load optimized defaults...

Still, NO services run (no internet, audio, anything) and if i go to msconfig to put it back to normal, or specified it doesn't make a difference, nothing starts up. On top of that, i'm bound to get this error randomly now, including lines all over my screen and all sorts of scary stuff. My voltage by default at auto was 1.2 i think.. I just increased it to 1.3 (the vcore of the processor) and I haven't been getting this error..YET

The problem still remains with the services, is it related to my motherboard being funky? I also updated my bios to the LATEST version on the MSI site... should I just downgrade?? I am so confused, and at a loss at what i should do, any help is much appreciated and sorry for bumping an old thread.

It sounds as if a good clearing of the CMOS with power supply unplugged from any A/C power and a re-install of the operating system are very near in your future. The odds are that you will then be back to what had been your original situation with no errors.

. Awhile later for some reason I installed it again, and now my computer is totally acting weird.. I got this error a bunch of times On top of that, i'm bound to get this error randomly now, including lines all over my screen and all sorts of scary stuff.

I suspect the PSU, because you didn't tell us the PSU! Video corruption makes me suspect a crap PSU.

Back