• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with new gen 2 x25 ssd. Please read!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dominick32

Senior Solid State Aficionado
I just took this from xs:
Yesterday, 03:26 PM * #115
onethreehill
Xtreme Addict

Quote:
***Public Service Announcement***

Intel has informed me of a bug in the X25-M G2 shipping firmware. This bug is specific to setting a hard drive password in your BIOS. If you have set a BIOS HDD password, then subsequently change or disable that password, the SSD may become inoperable. Intel is correcting the issue in firmware and will be posting a fix shortly. In summary:

* DO NOT set a BIOS HDD password on an X25-M G2.
* If you already have, DO NOT CHANGE OR DISABLE the BIOS HDD password.

It will be safe to do either of the above once the X25-M G2 is flashed to a newer firmware to be released by Intel shortly. Firmware, when available, can be reached by this not-yet-live link.

***End Public Service Announcement***
http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=7544

Most of us do not use a biod hdd password so we will not have to deal with this. But for those of you that do use this feature be prepared so you dont have to render your drive useless and RMA it.

Last edited:
Thatis a bad one ..
I have heard this a copula times , now we know why ...

Last edited:
A lot of vendors pulled them when they heard about it.. A little embarrassing for Intel...

So do they have a machine that rips open all that nice packaging to pull the drives out and flash them with the new firmware or can they just beam it in there? Logistic mess if you ask me. Not a terrible problem though, just a bump in the road.

Back