• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error Detected on Core #2 and #7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CryMorePlease

used this download link for 3.1.0 OCCT
http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/index.php?2009/05/21/39-occt-perestroika-310

i have the follwoing system

win7 pro 64 bit
intel i7 930
asus p6t deluxe v2
evga nvidia gtx 260

running latest driver on all

i am not overclocking anything, only thing i did was manually put in 8-8-8-24 for my ram timing and left the voltage on auto.

i am still having that problem, i know someone on th eOCCT forums reported a "error detected on core -1" and the dev reposnded on it saying there is a stable version, 3.1.0. my computer runs the OCCT test for a couple minutes then shuts down with this error "Error Detected on Core #2" last night and then again with "Error Detected on Core #7" this morning

is this an error on OCCT still?? or could i have a bad i7 930???

what would i need to collect to help you all help me with this issue

thanks

~Justin

Are you having any other issues aside from when running a stability test that puts an unrealistic load on the CPU?

Post a direct link to your specific RAM showing SPD frequency, timings, and voltage. Also post pic's of CPU-Z open to the Memory and SPD tabs showing current DRAM timings, FSB : DRAM ratio, and EPP timings and voltage at their rated frequency. And before running OCCT again, run Memtest86+ to check for RAM stability at rated frequency, timings, and voltage.

Are you having any other issues aside from when running a stability test that puts an unrealistic load on the CPU?

well last night when i installed my new mobo, cpu and ram, i had to re register / activate my windows 7 key. lol that was easy, but i was like WTF.

other than that, i doint think so.

my idle core temps are 38-42 C with load from prime95 68-72 C. using the intel fan/heatsink that came with the i7 930.

i would like to run a prime95 for overnight, but im not goign to do that until i get my 1366 bracket kit for my thermalright 120 cpu fan/heatsink.

any recommendations?

Post a direct link to your specific RAM showing SPD frequency, timings, and voltage. Also post pic's of CPU-Z open to the Memory and SPD tabs showing current DRAM timings, FSB : DRAM ratio, and EPP timings and voltage at their rated frequency. And before running OCCT again, run Memtest86+ to check for RAM stability at rated frequency, timings, and voltage.

ok i am at work at the moment, i will do this once i get home in a couple of hours

this is my ram

http://www.frys.com/product/5890503?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

OK firstly set your ram voltage to 1.65v, as stated in the SPD window for the speed and timings you are running, ive also noticed that you are running the Command rate at 1T, your SPD states 2T for the speed your at, I suggest you manully set that option in the bios to.

2nd, can you pass prime OK ?

if so I would say ignore OCCT, its rubbish anyway and I dont rate it at all, I have passed OCCT many times in the past and then failed LinX, IBT and Prime within a matter of seconds, especially back in the days when I was an AMD 64 X2 boy.

OK firstly set your ram voltage to 1.65v, as stated in the SPD window for the speed and timings you are running, ive also noticed that you are running the Command rate at 1T, your SPD states 2T for the speed your at, I suggest you manully set that option in the bios to.

2nd, can you pass prime OK ?

if so I would say ignore OCCT, its rubbish anyway and I dont rate it at all, I have passed OCCT many times in the past and then failed LinX, IBT and Prime within a matter of seconds, especially back in the days when I was an AMD 64 X2 boy.

thanks

Back