Thread: Windows Update

Question Windows Update

I am the computer administrator of my computer and everytime i turn on the computer it automatically logs me in as the computer administrator but when i go to windows update it tells me that i have to go back and right click on windows update and "run as" then enter a administrator password, which i don't have a password for me or the administrator so it will not accept it. And if I did create a password for it, it would still tell me the same thing over and over. Someone please help.
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    First Responders
    -->
    10 Year Badge
    You might want to give this a try...

Start Internet Explorer.

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

Click the Advanced tab.

Select the Use HTTP 1.1 through Proxy Connections check box, and then click OK .

Quit and then restart Internet Explorer, and then try to connect to the Windows Update Web site again.

10 Year Badge
    How long has this been happening? If it has just started I would say use the System Restore feature, this would fix that problem if it has just started happening
    No Rig Must Build New Still Waiting to Build A New One

R.I.P (2002-2006) to the following Machine!!!
    P4 2.6C @ 3.32
    IC7G
    512 HyperX 3500
    ATI 9800 Pro
    Words of Wisdom:
    A Wise Man Once Said..."I PITTY DA FOOL"

it has been doing it ever since installed xp on this harddrive. i had recieved a bunch of windows protection errors and i had to reset the bios and reformat my hd a couple times and fdisk it also. finally my system loaded right. but it will just not let me get to the windows update. i used the same OS on my last system and it allowed me to access windows update. So I have not been able to access windows update since I reformatted the HD and reset the bios.