• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for sound mixing software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

My friends are trying to make a band and need software mixing for their music.. Im being rather vague because im clueless, if anyone knows of any freeware for this kinda work let me know!

Reaper is a free trial, and is cheap if you decide to keep it. Some (lots) of Audio Interfaces come with "lite" versions of Cubase and other apps. I'm a Cubase/Nuendo fan myself, but the full versions aren't cheap...

:cool:

Try 'Cool Edit Pro', fairly simple and easy to learn. 128 tracks of multilayer mixing, plus all the standard sound-board effects. The manufacturer is out-of-business, but the software is still all over the Web. Just Google 'Cool Edit' and watch out for Viruses. (This reply in NO WAY condones or encourages the Pirating of software).

I never found anything free that was really worth the time for stuff like this

but as mentioned before CoolEdit is a decent program and worked good for the stuff I used it for a few years ago

Back