• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to install Windows 7 in the beginning of the disk,in the fastest section?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nitrikon43

How to install Windows 7 in the beginning of the disk, ie, in the fastest section?

First I want to install windows xp and second windows 7

So you want to be able to choose to boot up either windows xp or windos 7 correct? Well you have to go to computer managment in the control panel, and create 2 partion's so right click you're main hard drive with the most data and shrink howmany ever gigabytes you want atleast 6gb, Then when you go to install windows just put xp on one and windows 7 on the other

I have my Win 7 on C and Win XP on D.

But I installed Win XP first on D and had C stay empty for a while because Win 7 wasn't released yet :)

I have a couple systems configured with a small 80GBish partition set first, which is where I put Windows. This puts Windows on the fast part or the drive. The problem is that if you use the additional space as another partition and put a bunch of stuff on it, you will still see a slowdown. :(

Back