• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Compression

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper.nkc

Hey guys,

I have over 200 DVDs I like to compress and store in my harddrive. My operating system is Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Can you recommend a DVD Rip program I can use to reduce video size and maintain video quality. I know my DVDs have copy right protection so I will need something to bypass this. Let me know what you are using and what is the typical output file size so that I can calculate what size HD I will need for storage. I do not have BluRay DVDs. Thanks.

Hey guys,

I have over 200 DVDs I like to compress and store in my harddrive. My operating system is Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Can you recommend a DVD Rip program I can use to reduce video size and maintain video quality. I know my DVDs have copy right protection so I will need something to bypass this. Let me know what you are using and what is the typical output file size so that I can calculate what size HD I will need for storage. I do not have BluRay DVDs. Thanks.

Removing copyright protection is somewhat sketchy territory here, so a mod might swoop in and kill the thread. But in case its all peachy, check out DVD Shrink. It decrypts DVDs and allows you to set the compression ratio manually.

Removing copyright protection is somewhat sketchy territory here, so a mod might swoop in and kill the thread. But in case its all peachy, check out DVD Shrink. It decrypts DVDs and allows you to set the compression ratio manually.

Thanks for the reply. I know DVDFab is a well known program sold to the public to copy DVD's with copy right protections. So I wouldn't think it is illegle. I may be wrong and the admin may pull this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back