• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W7 miss reading gpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bakercake

For some odd reason windows is still seeing my 4670. I did countless reseating, uninstalling, and driver sweeping. Any way to get rid of it without reinstalling windows?

Off topic question: Is this a decent eHDD just to put stuff in to and let it collect dust.
wha.png

Last edited:
Is it listed in the Device Manager? If so, use the "Uninstall" option.

For some odd reason windows is still seeing my 4670. I did countless reseating, uninstalling, and driver sweeping. Any way to get rid of it without reinstalling windows?

Off topic question: Is this a decent eHDD just to put stuff in to and let it collect dust.
wha.png

How about your Catalyst Control Centre? Does the 4670 show up there? And does this cause any significant problems? I know its annoying but if doesn't affect your computer in anyway maybe just leave it if you can't find a solution? :)

How about your Catalyst Control Centre? Does the 4670 show up there? And does this cause any significant problems? I know its annoying but if doesn't affect your computer in anyway maybe just leave it if you can't find a solution? :)

I think it is. I'm seeing a lot of dark lines near shadows on heavens benchmark. A huge amount of screen tearing not those 1ms lags when you have to enable v-sync. It the type of tearing or ripping where if you turn your left, right, up, and down the screen doesn't line up. It's impossible to screen shot it.

it looks like the one item is just being recognised as the 2 entries,

rip it out of the registry. what would you have to lose?
backup the registry (or at least sections you change)

Search for its VEN or parts of its total name in the registry
try "HD 4600"
then just start tossing it out willy nilly out of ENUM (enumerations) and off the current control set (ignore it in the other control sets)

then reboot, if you get it right on the first shot, it will be gone
if you miss something it might toss up re-install things
if you tore out to much , you will get a re-install for the active card.

about the external HDD. Seagate is having quality problems recently, go with a drive made by Hitachi or Western Digital.

I uninstall 2 times with driver sweeper and a registry clean out the crap named HD 4600 and the sucker is still here. Well I guess the only thing to do is reinstall windows... Thanks for the help guys.:thup:

i should have mentioned, that to get it out of the registry you would have to set the permissions probably. when means you gotta Be there in regedit, and see it go away or toss an error, then you set the permissions on the stubborn item, to "everyone" and toss it out. (you have to have admin access of course)

that happens for me most often in Enumerations, where its protected , probably because it is more critical.

then make sure if some Utility is tossing up the info like Sandra , that the info isnt cached or logged or something, and that the item actually is still showing up in the microsoft device manager thing, vrses some tool or utility that doesnt expect or didnt refresh.

Last edited:
Back