• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8.1, BSOD & driver issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hai

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me out here. Let me describe the issue. For quite a while I was using Windows 8.1 fine and did not have any problems, however I recently burned my PSU somehow and then the problems started. Which I somewhy find odd, cause the BSOD's are related to a driver issue(?). The driver which seems to cause the problem, is Intel(R) Engine Management Interface.

Event Viewer displays the following error:

Since it says "A device which does not exist was specified.", I assume I don't need this driver at all, so I tried disabling it and uninstalling, but it keeps coming back every time I restart my PC. I even tried looking for a newer driver, but couldn't find anything. The newest driver is for Windows 7 x64/x86. I found out you could possibly disable it in bios, but I couldn't find the option to do so in my bios. I went thru every option 1 by 1, just to make sure, I wouldn't miss it.

Here's my PC:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 (F4 BIOS)
CPU: Intel i3 540 @ 3.07GHz (Overclocked to 4,03GHz)
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (GV-N660OC-2GD)
RAM: 2 x Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3
HDD: Western Digital 500GB

At the very moment, I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 Professional x64 and the problem still seems to exist. I have tried and googled for everything I can think off, now I'm just stuck at this problem. I've also included a minidump of the BSOD in attachments. Newer one is the latest, I believe the other BSOD might be related to something else (random).

I hope someone can help me out here, or at the very least, guide me in the right direction.

View attachment Minidump.zip

Last edited:
Since you have...

...have already REinstalled a new copy of Win 8.1, I am guessing that at some point during the power supply failure your bios might have gotten zapped somewhat and is now at least partially corrupt. The reason that I suggest such is that if one were to go and look up every bios switch that 'might' be used you will see one for n0t flashing the Intel Engine Management section of bios.

You should be able to REflash the same bios in use now but the REflash should straighten up the part that maybe partially corrupt. Had you not already REinstalled windows, this REflash might be less helpful but I expect it maybe the fix.

RGone...

Back