• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build Up In GPU Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FISTER_

Registered
Hi, Quick question. I had this PC running for Four months and i notice one of my loops have a slight raise in temp. So i started to drain out the loop and saw that the loop had changed to a greenish cooler. So i drained the second loop to see if it was the same and it wasn't. After i drained the entire GPU loop I seen that the GPU blocks had a slight tint to it and the fins that the liquid flows through had green stuff on it, the same with these two fittings that the liquid flows through after the GPU. The liquid i use is FluidXP+EXT UV Purple. On this loop is Res-Pump-Rad-NB/SB-GPU1-GPU2- What should I do to prevent this?

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Not use any fluid but distilled water and a biocide.

Mentioned here in a thread you started:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598000

And another:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622189

So you see, you would NOT listen to reason and experiance. And the hundreds of issues I have seen in the last few years. Marketing wins another! Ruins another loop. If you would of read just one more post I guess, just one teeny more post you would of learned...........

Lesson learned. Purple too.................

BTW, this is bookmarked for the many who ask why should I?....................In the future. maybe they will read one more post..........

Last edited:
prevent it? You can't prevent it if you're using anything but distilled, you just gotta pray it doesn't happen to you. Fix it....well...that's a lot of work, go read some of the algae threads, the method is mostly the same.

Thanks for the info. I know I know i should of listened. Spend several hours last night cleaning the blocks, res, pump, fittings and tubing. Never took a GPU block apart to clean till know and it was interesting. I went with black tubing and distilled+PT Nuke this time. Thanks again.

I hate taking my GPU blocks apart too. I hate the oring. Ohh that reminds me, I'm opening my GPUs later this year for my annual rebuild, I better check if I can buy spare orings............

Well glad you got it cleaned, sorry it wasn't an annual cleaning. Ahh well your not the first to add to links why not to use xx or xx stuff.

Glad you watched your temps and got it all done.

Back