• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair IV + Dynamic drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ironsmack

Hey Guys/Gals,

I just finished installing my new system a few days ago. But, as of now - im having problems with my dynamic drive.

Reason why i have a dynamic drive, is i have a good collection of BR rips (1.7 TB). And i have (3) 2 TB green drives in my rig.

AHCI

SATA 0 - 60 GB SSD (C: )
SATA 1 - 120 GB SSD (D:, E: )
SATA 2 - 2TB HD (Dynamic) (G: )
SATA 3 - 2TB HD (Dynamic) (G: )
SATA 4 - 2 TB (F: )

SATA raid card

SATA 5 - BR reader (M: )

Now, im running bios ver 1102 on my Asus crosshair. Also, im running the current version of my chipset (AMD Chipset Driver V3.0.762.0 for Windows XP 32/64bit & Vista 32/64bit & Windows7 32/64bit as per website). OS is Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

My problem, everytime i put the computer to sleep, when i wake it up my G: (Dynamic Drive) doesnt show up. Even under Computer management -> Disc management -> Nada. I see my 2 SSD's and the BR drive, but not (G :). Using IDE mode instead of AHCI, my drive shows up even after more than 12+ hrs sleeping. But when its AHCI, it doesnt work.

I have to restart the computer for the mobo to recognize it.

Id rather not get rid of my Dynamic drive since this is an exact backup copy of my BR rips from my home server. Id rather not split it into 2 separate physical drives.

I havent played around with RAID to be comfortable with it.

Besides RAID, Is there a solution to this?

Last edited:
Back