• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOTS GOING ON

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eimheargirl

hi everyone, this will be a bit of a long winded question. here we go. i have a siemens pc(roughly 5-7yrs old). it has windows xp installed. there is an annoying noise comes from it when loading and when using it. it is not continuous. its like a mechanical noise, how can i explain?? its like the tv show family fortunes when u get a wrong answer. the funny thing, when i install windows xp pro, no sound. but when i install the drivers, i get the blue screen and it shuts on and off. i would like to use the xp pro version. i am stuck between a rock and a hard place...us normal xp and have those noises or use xp pro and have pc shut down. if someone could give me some sort of explaination on the blue screen that i could sort out, i would prefer that. sorry for being so long winded.

Welcome!!!

PSU going bad?

Temperature issue? (does it happen after a short time?)

In order to decipher the BSOD it would be helpful to see it and the code..

well u c, thats were the problems start. thats why im on here. i am a total knob where computers r cencerned. i can build a house, fix a car, but....pc's....im lost. i would need a step by step idiots guide!!!! sorry.

The only way to test the PSU is put it on another PC (that is around that old) or buy a new one.

As far as temperatures are concerned, you need to get into windows and download a program called Speedfan or Coretemp and see what the temperatures report.

Have you cleaned out all the dust and such?

i am going to re-install the xp pro disc at the weekend and see if i can load all the drivers individually. i will get the hover out and dust everything down also. 1 step at a time i guess.

Back