• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free Acer F690GVM Motherboard Manual Required:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cecram

Hello Folks,

Can anyone tell me where I can download a completely free copy of the Acer F690GVM Motherboard Manual? My issues are:

1. Inherited an Acer Aspire M3100 desktop. I want to install Debian GNU/Linux as the only operating system.
2. I'd feel happier with a motherboard manual to guide me when I replace hardware components.
3. Sites I've Googled so far all want some form of payment.
4. Acer have given me the go ahead (albeit, verbal) to download a copy if I can find one.
5. I already have the basic system specs from Acer and the BIOS.

Would love some useful feedback.
Cheers Folks.

:welcome:Welcome to the Forums "cecram":welcome:

I looked around a bit for you and also could not find a manual. Acer didn't have one listed under their "Aspire M3100 desktop" stuff. That was nice of Acer to let you download a copy if you can find one. Ya their nice to have but not always necessary. Most stuff is plug and play anymore.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr.DLucey, your reply is very much appreciated. I'll have a bit more of a search here and there.

While I'm doing that, I'm thinking that I'll do a "dry run"; install the Debian GNU/Linux on the current hard disc with my proposed disc format configurations. If all goes well, then I'll replace the disc for two new ones and then go for the "real" install.

No doubt, when I'm sufficiently cashed up, I'll build a complete new machine with ASUS, MSI, or GIGABYTE motherboard where I'll have a complete manual.

In the interim though it is nice to make good use of a box that was destined for my friend's road verge.

Take care and cheerio for now,
Cecram.

Sometimes those box store computer companies like Acer will store manuals and utilities on a separate hard drive partition along with the OS restore files. When the computer is first starting up look for boot loader options.

Thanks for the tip Trents, very much appreciated.

I'll explore that other boot loader option next time I boot the box...so as to speak.

All being well, I'm hoping eventually to see only a GRUB boot loader at boot up once I've had my way with the box :)

Take care and cheerio for now,
Cecram.

are u still in need of manual

hey i have an old am1100 running as an HTPC i think i still have the driver/application disk laying around somewhere and it has the manual on it let me know if you still need it and ill try to find it.
p.s. uses the same F690GVM mobo

Back