• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help...for the 2nd time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
whoa whoa, its telling me to enter the disk at boot menu, is the correct for the drivers and such? its talkn about, ide cd rom , with like 13 different steps.. 32 bit diagnostic for reasource cd.. whaa?

sounds like it might need more drivers than whats there.
The tools disk was for 2k right? or was it just a dell disk?

Last edited:
oh, take that out before you boot and put it back in after it boots up. It's probobly trying to boot from it.

oh, my fault, no its a dell disk, not for 2k, its running a memory diagnostics test..dunno, it works though, do i need drivers to acces internet and download stuff (such as steam)

and that windows 2k was a bootleg that said windows 2k pro w/ sp4.. whatever that is.. did i screw up?

You might, but even if that disk is for Xp if you dig into the folders of it there might be drivers for the LAN that are 2k compatable.
Running games off steam will need ya' some graphics drivers too if you can fin them on there if not you can get those off ATI's site (assuming that is an ati card, and i bet it is)
That and It looks like you either have two 512mb sticks of ram there or two 1gb sticks and If I remember right you will need some service packs to enable PAE to use more than 512mb.
those looked kinda scary though so you might want to read that microsoft link real good before attempting.

EDIT: oh if thats already sp4 you should be be good on the updates thank god,, Ill pretend not to see the B word there though,, thats a don't ask don't tell kinda thing LOL

i only play 1.6 :D , but i passed my memory diagnostics test!..do i run the system diagnostics test? those are the only 2 options from that drivers and utilities disk..

yes, ati and yea 2 512's,

I wouldn't bother with that. haha

I'd just hook it up to your LAN or whatever and see what happens first. If that don't work then you might need to find a driver to download. Other than that just a driver for your graphics card I think.

oh, hold up, theres 2 parts to this dell disk one is that diagnostics stuff and the other is device drivers..but how do i get to them o.0?

edit~ and internet connection wizard..what is this, cant i just plug and play..do i have to fill all that out like what modem i have my location for that thing, cause i had it connect and it still couldnt detect what kind it was..and it aint on the list

Last edited:
Ya, I was talking instead of using the autorun prompted installer just open it up in your file manager and look through the folders.
should be a few there, then look for a "drivers" folder and dig around in there and see if you see any 2k goodies.

found it, how will i know if it is compatible, cause all the drivers are under xp,, audio,modem,network,system and 2 video drivers..thats everything on the disk

It shouldn't let ya' install it if its not compatible with that windows version. The big thing is it being the right driver for that hardware not necessarily the windows version. And seeing as thats the disk that came with it, it probably has the right hardware drivers.

it just gives me the option of extracting them, all of them have check by them, and says a hardware scan has detected the presence of this device, oh there 2 utilities also, dell OS tools(under misc.) and dell desktop system software(under system), those are not checked

yea you will have to do that first to run them, then you will know if they are gonna work or not.

pay attention to where it extracts them too

k so i extracted everything and everything except the modem one something happened pop up'ed/installed/ did its thing, also for the video drivers its saying minimum .net framework required is 1.1 please install, so then i rebooted and got this..

cli.exe -unable to locate DLL

the dynamic link library msoree.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE;.;C:\winnt\system32;C:\winnt\system;C:\winnt;C:\winnt\system32;C:\winnt;C\winnt\system32\wbem;C:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\.

so i clicked ok, now just chilln at desktop..go mess with extracted stuff or..?

Last edited:
it also knows when the network cable is unplugged but when the internet wizard(lol) serches for it (under plug and play devices..which it isnt) he cannot find anything..whats the deal

edit: im having to unplug this one telephone wire between this lap top and the dell and like my laptop( an 07 lenovo piece) just pics up the connection and goes..the dell wants to like register the connection (lol, i dunno how to explain it thats how i feel its telling me though)

Well, first off you will need to have that plugged into a router (not a switch or direct connection) to get that to work without tweaking anything. But if the little X goes away when you plug a wire in (assuming you have a router) just open up internet explorer and see what happens.

EDIT: and you are using LAN for you internet on you laptop right? that would be an 8 strand wire that looks like telephone wire, Phone wire only has 6 or sometimes just 2 wires at the ends.

Last edited:
thats what im sayn', the little x goes away but when i open ie that dang wizard wont let me pass, ask how i want to setup, whats my setup, all kind of unnecessary stuff, (i have that yellow cord that goes to that 2wire at@t box that goes to my wall)

Back