• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

11.4 Driver Officially Out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Obligatory question: Is there a difference between these drivers and the pre-release? I am quite happy with the pre-release and haven't had any major or minor issues with them so I think I'll just hold on to them for now.

Obligatory question: Is there a difference between these drivers and the pre-release? I am quite happy with the pre-release and haven't had any major or minor issues with them so I think I'll just hold on to them for now.

I can't really tell. I'm sure some minor bugs were cleaned up. I also noticed in the CCC it has an option for auto updates now.

CrossFire scaling in Rift went up a fair amount. I did also install 11.4 CAP1 at the same time so I'm not sure which did the trick.

Anyone else getting mad font corruption/blurring in firefox 4 since switching? I went from the 11.3s which had been giving me no trouble in FF4, to now needing to disable hardware acceleration with the 11.4s in order to have normal font once again.

I've been running the 11.4's pre-released ones for quiet a while now. Im happy with them til a newer version comes out. Been treating my card well so can't complain.

Are you kidding me? I still have to mess with installmanager.cfg just to install the driver. AMD, you're killing me here.

What are you talking about? I've never had to mess with something like that. I generally always uninstall -> safe mode -> driver sweeper -> load into windows and install the latest (or whichever) driver.

What are you talking about? I've never had to mess with something like that. I generally always uninstall -> safe mode -> driver sweeper -> load into windows and install the latest (or whichever) driver.

Heck I just uninstall, reboot, install new, and reboot or good to go.

Only use Driver sweeper if there is an issue with the newer drivers. ATI rearly needed Driver sweeper, nVidia drivers a few years back needed it among other things to get drivers stable, though newer drivers still really never messed with Driver sweeper much.

Anyone else getting mad font corruption/blurring in firefox 4 since switching? I went from the 11.3s which had been giving me no trouble in FF4, to now needing to disable hardware acceleration with the 11.4s in order to have normal font once again.

Not at all. Firefox4 is very snappy, and clean. :shrug:

I've also never had to run driversweeper, I just uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot.

FF4 does have a different font by default. Its kind of annoying, not sure why they changed it by default but as far as font corruption, Im not getting it.

Make sure you don't have any anti-aliasing enabled universally or anything like that. That will blur the fonts.

Not at all. Firefox4 is very snappy, and clean. :shrug:

I've also never had to run driversweeper, I just uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot.

I don't even bother with this process anymore since Windows 7. Not saying that changed anything but I just install right over my old drivers (unless I get a new video card or downgrade my drivers, then I sweep.) Been doing this since 10.1 without too many issues.

:salute:

Though I will say I installed the 11.4 previews clean since I just got a 6950.

I don't even bother with this process anymore since Windows 7. Not saying that changed anything but I just install right over my old drivers (unless I get a new video card or downgrade my drivers, then I sweep.) Been doing this since 10.1 without too many issues.

:salute:

Though I will say I installed the 11.4 previews clean since I just got a 6950.

I had issues with screen flickering as well as some random driver crashes here and there until I did a clean-install of my ATI drivers. All went away, far smoother now. I've been doing the same as you (writing over installs), but I will now probably do that for 2-3 updates, then do a clean one. Off to install 11.4.. :p

I too usually just install over the old version unless i'm having an issue, then I'll run driversweeper in safe mode. I've been using 11.4 since release with no issues except I noticed on two occasions a 2-3 second freeze when starting up BFBC2 once I spawn into the map for the first time. I don't recall that happening with any other driver version so other than that slight issue, no issues here so far.

My problem is that the driver and the ccc wouldn't even extract from the install manager. It would say install complete, but when you check the folder there's nothing there. If I try to do a custom install, they don't even appear on the list.

This also happened when I tried to install 11.2 after I got the new 6950.

My problem is that the driver and the ccc wouldn't even extract from the install manager. It would say install complete, but when you check the folder there's nothing there. If I try to do a custom install, they don't even appear on the list.

This also happened when I tried to install 11.2 after I got the new 6950.

Definitely isolated and has to do with your setup and what software you have installed.

I'm sticking with the 11.12's everything is working ship shape at the moment and I only just figured out how to make the colour through my HDTV better and less brighter had to switch to RBG Full god I'm an idiot. :screwy:

Found out that my screen corruption was caused by enabling morphological anti-aliasing in the CCC. Disabling it cleared the font right up.

Back