• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 4890 Windows Freezes During Start HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AtreyuCurses

I have a GA-H55-USB3 gigabyte motherboard with integrated graphics card. If im using the integrated card everything works fine. However i switched a 4890 from a working computer and now windows freezes during the start up loading screen. I installed the correct drivers many times and try to switch in the inputs. I also went into bios.

Can anyone give me some support on this issue?

PSU is definitely not an issue. And the case is on its side and open so heat would not be an issue either. I think its a problem with the ATI drivers and windows 7 64 bit.

Does it freeze at the same exact moment? then i would aim to a driver problem
(dont think so, 90% its a hardware problem)

Does it freeze randomly while loading windows? then i would aim to the card it self

It could be your PSU without enough power. Also opening the case doesn't solve the heat power, it even make it worst at some PC cases. Also the card MUST boot without drivers at all.

Try the card at another PC.

Back