• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to know hamny watts i need

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bloodsside14

I am building a new cpu with intel 7 processor. I don't know how many watts do i need. I don't want to waste time to buy a high watts of psu that i don't consump all the watts.

Glad u like it. Post your specs here though as it will suggest a lot more than u need in some cases.

I don't have permanent specs yet cause im planning what is the best build up for my rig. To support all my needs. I am very confuse and not want to disappointed to waste my money.

I want to build crossfire i think this gonna be the best thing to support all the games in higher definition.

Question:

It is okay to over the watts of psu? I mean when i used 1k watts and my rig is only need 500watts its will be okay?:confused:

Iyou don't want waste you money, tell us what you do with your pc and how much you want to spend. Chances ar you only need one card for 1920x1080 resolution anyway.

As far as your Psu, buying a 1kw Psu IS a waste of money if you only use 500w. You should always have headroom, but that's way way too much.

Telling you what i want to build is a big confusing to me. :)

I am not to much aware the compatibility of each hardware and what is the best but cheaper or the price is high but worthy to spend. Also i want to be updated to the new technology with i7 or i6 or i5(Intel or Amd).

The problem is i am confused what is the right build.

Let me ask again.....what are you going to use your pc for? Gaming? Video encoding? Just email and internt? How much do you want to spend?

Again, if you tell us that, we can help you pick the right parts.

I want to build my rig for gaming purposes. Surfing the internet,downloading much more storage.

Gaming even high end games with high resolution and high definition can carry my rig without any lag or what so ever.

My budget is 50k to 60k peso if there is less than my price it will be great. :santa:

From the sounds of the build i would go for 750. Crossfire usually requires a bit then the i7 makes it worse, but having 750watts would give you plenty of room for the best of the best and high overclocks.

Back