• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EYEfinity w/6970's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sc4r3d

Registered
Anyone here running eyefinity with 6970's? I just bought 2 XFX 6970's 2GB reference cards and 4 Asus VE248H Monitors along with the Ergotron Monitor stand with upgraded mounting arm and extra long pole and 4th Vesa mount for 1 over 3 mounting.

What driver versions seem to work the best? I have been running xfire for many years, and as always there is one set of drivers that just rock.

I will be running 1 over 3 with this setup.

Thanks.

Make sure you download the latest catalyst application profiles (CAP), as for drivers I have no idea. Everytime I get close to crossfire something goes wrong.

Make sure you download the latest catalyst application profiles (CAP), as for drivers I have no idea. Everytime I get close to crossfire something goes wrong.

Ok, I will make sure to get that. I hear you on the Xfire thing, I have had good luck thus far, but my good friend has the exact same setup as my old pc and his xfire works about 1/3 of the time, he gets so mad lol.

Anyone here running eyefinity with 6970's? I just bought 2 XFX 6970's 2GB reference cards and 4 Asus VE248H Monitors along with the Ergotron Monitor stand with upgraded mounting arm and extra long pole and 4th Vesa mount for 1 over 3 mounting.

What driver versions seem to work the best? I have been running xfire for many years, and as always there is one set of drivers that just rock.

I will be running 1 over 3 with this setup.

Thanks.

Posting as a link since there are some who find 3600*1920 pics annoying. Of course, if you're running eyefinity, it's no biggie.

I've not had any major issues with any of the versions after 10.6 so just grab the latest ones and go for it. I run (2) Dell U2410s and a Dell 2408FWP with Bezel Compensation (possible on these models since they are damn near identical in specs)

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1050/echo.jpg

Posting as a link since there are some who find 3600*1920 pics annoying. Of course, if you're running eyefinity, it's no biggie.

I've not had any major issues with any of the versions after 10.6 so just grab the latest ones and go for it. I run (2) Dell U2410s and a Dell 2408FWP with Bezel Compensation (possible on these models since they are damn near identical in specs)

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1050/echo.jpg

Ahh ... interesting choice to run the monitors turned on that end. Do you have any problems with games, since it is not exactly a 16:9 ratio?

Ahh ... interesting choice to run the monitors turned on that end. Do you have any problems with games, since it is not exactly a 16:9 ratio?

It's easier to run it in that orientation than landscape since the screens aren't "stretched" in some games.

You do have to make some manual changes to .ini files for certain games, but the process of making the change is fast and the results are awesome.

The background setup in the picture blows my mind.

Nice setup. How does it run for you?

Runs great. Especially in games like DAO, FO3, FONV, Rift, etc..

Harder to play in RIFT though because with so much screen real estate, you can sometimes lose your mouse cursor on the screen and then you get ganked while you're trying to find it, lol...

Back