• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme RSY-645 450W - PLEASE HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wulfuhrier

Registered
With the system Setup i have listed below...

:shrug: Is my Extreme RSY-645 450W PSU enough or should i go with a 700W-1000W & is my stock CPU cooler enough (what would you recommend)?

ANY HELP, suggestions would greatly be appreciated. :thup: I'd like to go the cheapest but if i have to shell out a bit that's whatever.

I do a lot of Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Expression Web (for web page coding), AutoDesk AutoCAD & Revit Architecture 2010. So my system would need to be able to kick a$$. I sometimes run these programs at the same time and get lag and or BSOD. I just want to tweak it, forget it and not have to worry about it ever.

Please Help, Thanks :D

MoBo: MSI 880GM-E43 (MS-7596 v1.3) Bios: AMI 7596v2B
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T (Thuban) - 2.8GHz, 3.3Ghz Turbo Core
RAM: G.Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ (9,9,9,24,1T)
Video: HIS HD 5670 IceQ 1GB (128bit) GDDR5 PCIe v2.0 x16
HDD: (C:\) WD 500GB Sata & (D:\) WD 1TB Sata
ATAPI: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS50 & SONY DVD RW DRU-540A
Sound: Onboard - ATI SB600 - High Definition Audio Controller
NIC: Onborad - Realtek 10/100/1000 Ethernet NIC
PSU: Extreme mn: RSY-645 450W P4 ATX 24PIN
Case: Novatech Galaxy III

Last edited:
I think 450W would do the job, 1000W is overkill for that system, maybe a 650Tx Corsair. The stock cooler is fine if youre not planning OC, get the hyper 212+ if want OC later. I think Bsod could be for temp, check the temp of the cpu, or could be a bad memory, does this happen when the pc is idle? or always you´re using the apps you´d mencioned?

A quick search says that power supply can be bought for less than $20, personally I wouldn't use it to power a light bulb let alone a computer. Have a look here for tried and true PSU's.
Without an overclock the system in your sig will never draw 400W, with a "pushin it" overclock and under full load it might barely draw 400W. I would recommend a Corsair CX430 or VX450W from the list.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys :thup: I think I'll go with a 700W PSU to be on the safe side and not over kill. As far as the CPU Cooler... I do like the hyper 212+, Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer & Arctic Cooling Freezer :D

Back