• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gts450 fan replacement?(upgrade)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

Ok I had a whole bunch of stuff I typed out, but I looked back up and firefox refreshed the thread page and it is all gone without a back option!!!!!:rain::rain::bang head:mad::mad:

So here goes the short version.

This morning I heard a noise coming from one of my gts450's. Shut down removed the problem card to find the "blades" completely fell off of the "frame"(so it was a Chinese star now)!

Looked around on the net for a CHEAP cooler as I only have $25 into a perfectly good card. I tried my Thermalright(something) for a 8800gtx it didn't fit(even after looking around and seeing some threads that it would work)

I then decided to take the fan off the of Thermalright(100mm if my 3.5" conversion is right)

I used double sided 3M tape to affix it to the heatsink and the end result is below:

2ldkklt.jpg

5z37r7.jpg

Not it's not pretty, but I think it's going to work just fine!!! I'll wait until I reboot in a few to put it back in the swing of things.

Back