• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wall mounted pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpgc

Hi there!!
I am planning on making a wall mounted pc!
It would look similar to this. PT_10549.jpg

I have sketched up some rough details of my design. wallpc-on-wall.png
wallpc-on-wall1.png

The pc will be used to power my uber pc sim rig :D !! 03012011074.jpg

So, i have the following question. Will the HDD be alright in that position? Or it would be better to mount it in its natural 90 degree angle??

awesome! am thinking of doing this for a while now, but i have no space! :(
glass cover seems epic, put some blue leds/cathods ;)
i think it should be 100% fine, the clusters are held down pretty tight in there

awesome! am thinking of doing this for a while now, but i have no space! :(
glass cover seems epic, put some blue leds/cathods ;)
i think it should be 100% fine, the clusters are held down pretty tight in there

I am thinking about some leds, that would be really nice! :)
So now i only have to save up some money for the parts and the modding will start!! :clap:

dude thats a sweet setup

Thanks! Alot of time and effort went in to building it! :)

So, i have the following question. Will the HDD be alright in that position? Or it would be better to mount it in its natural 90 degree angle??

It will not matter what position the hard drive is in as long as you don't move it while it's on. Think back to high school physics....holding the bicycle wheel, having someone spin it and then try to change its pitch. The same resistance that the bike wheel exhibits will also occur with the HD's platters. Desktop drives cannot withstand as much movement as laptop drives, partly due to the difference in the mass of the platters and partly due to differences in design.

Mount them in any position on the board. :)

It will not matter what position the hard drive is in as long as you don't move it while it's on. Think back to high school physics....holding the bicycle wheel, having someone spin it and then try to change its pitch. The same resistance that the bike wheel exhibits will also occur with the HD's platters. Desktop drives cannot withstand as much movement as laptop drives, partly due to the difference in the mass of the platters and partly due to differences in design.

Mount them in any position on the board. :)

Thanks for the information!!! I will install it with no worries!! :)

definitely adding to my posts. 3ill be following this for sure. sounds like a super neat idea, i like your sim set up as well! what games do you play? any F1?

definitely adding to my posts. 3ill be following this for sure. sounds like a super neat idea, i like your sim set up as well! what games do you play? any F1?

Thanks!! Im not really into F1. Mostly Richard Burns Rally and iRacing and sometimes LFS, GT legends. For fun, not simulation i play Dirt 3 :D

It will not matter what position the hard drive is in as long as you don't move it while it's on. Think back to high school physics....holding the bicycle wheel, having someone spin it and then try to change its pitch. The same resistance that the bike wheel exhibits will also occur with the HD's platters.

Indeed - it's called gyroscopic precession.

Back