• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who in the H#@@ is team awachs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm seeing a history for them since February 2010 or so I think. They just started back up at the end of last month. Impressive folding, glad they are at it... Looking into it on google, it seems they work in collaboration with stanford, and only fire up when certain workloads are plentiful.

Holy SH!ZNATZ. They are chewing through some WU's 1.7 mil every 3 hours. Wonder what they're running on. Looks like they're getting 5k per WU.

Did a bit more looking, and my best bet is the power has something to do with Megan A. Wachs (awachs), a PhD student at Stanford currently, who works at Cryptography Research:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/megan-wachs/28/175/b61

If anyone has a boatload of computing power to throw spare cycles at, a cryptography company associated with a fellow Stanford graduate student sounds like a likely candidate.

Wow, that is some serious folding right there!
Doubling what OCF does as far as 24h average goes, that's impressive!
I'm not in any means mad/jealous tho, I'm really glad they're helping, its for a good cause!

It looks like they only start up when they aren't using the cycles, and when the right sort of work units are available... Their stats seem to reflect every WU they process is especially high value, so it looks like a coordinated effort alongside stanford to kick in cycles when they need a certain sort of work done.

Back