• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Driver Question For 2 Different Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Black C5 Z06

I have a 6850 and a 5670 in my machine.

The 6850 drives two monitors (extended desktop) and is my primary gaming card.
The 5670 is simply to drive a third monitor (extended desktop) because I had it lying around, didn't want to buy a VGA -> DP adapter, and I couldn't get the monitor to work off the mobo.

I want to update my drivers to the new BF3 ones, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it for two different cards. Does Catalyst just include all the drivers for all cards or what? Because I know when you're selecting which ones to download, you have to choose which card you have.

Hopefully that made sense. Thanks guys.

P.S. I am NOT asking how to crossfire or anything like that. I'm not attempting that. I simply have the older card in there for the extra connections for the extra monitor.

Yes, they just include the drivers for all supported cards. When they have you select which one to download it is all the same package unless the card isn't supported by that package then it is pointing to an old/legacy driver.

Back