• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SM H8qgl-If+ Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

Calling all 4p smarty pants...
So my 4p is parted out, and the board I sold is acting up... that sucks... as you can see with my stats, it was folding along fine. I remember Adak telling me that the SM boards can take a long while to power up at first, but 10+ min and still not powering up? also, he cant hear is HDD kick in or see the fans turning! CMOS reset, and when able, a BIOS reflash is what I suggested he try. Any other tips?

He's got it running with 2 cpu's, and will now try 4 cpu's in Linux. There was a problem with the HD, OR with the way he had it connected.

Yeah, he was tring to run Windows first, and seen only 2 CPU's... the only way to see 4 is to have the Server 2008 RC2... or what ever it is...

Thank goodness, I thought my board I sold him some how got bunked up between here and there. glad all is well though.

Back