• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with a heatsink.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roller6902

Registered
so, recently I got a new cpu!
except the previous heatsink refuses to get out.
I tried removing the latch, and freeing the little prongs that are connected to the base of the bracket of the cpu area, but to no avail.

So, I decided to ask here before I rip my motherboard from force.
If it helps, it's an ASUS heatsink fan on this motherboard.

ive been trying to find the heatsink online, but it leaves no trace to make a search for it.

Did you get the clips loose from the base?
If you did sometimes you have to twist the heatsink a little in both directions like your trying to loosen a stuck jar lid.
If you didn't there should be a lever on one side that will loosen the tension then sometimes you may have to play around or use a screw driver to pop it from the finger then the other side should be easier.

It's a AM2+ mb for those that didn't look at the link.

Last edited:
Can you take a digital picture of the cooler/socket area so we could see how the heatsink is secured? Attach it with your post using the Go Advanced button at the bottom of any new post window. Then find the paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window.

i have asus m2n68 am se2 .its age is 3yrs .previously it was running smooth & fast bt rescently da system started shutting down all of a sudden while doing any work & hardly used to run 10minutes after switching on da computer & rescently i have put new heatsink & now da system is running slow very slow bt not getting suddenly off .so plzz suggest me how dis problem can be solved???? is da problem due to bracket&heatsink adjustment wid cpu??http://tinypic.com/r/5183ec/6 here is cpu temperature reading

Nitro, your stepping on another's thread. Bad manners.

You should make your own post and work on your posting skills.

Proper dictation and a better description of your problem would help. No idea except it's shutting down and you have xx CPU. You say you installed a new cooling device, you probably failed at it.

I'll give more help when you post a proper NEW post for help. Take your time, think like a not in a rush thoughtful person please.

Your not talking to a friend at a bar at 3AM. Your hard to understand. And at home you can post from a PC, not a gibberish handheld device.

Back