• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati radeon 7970 ghz edition overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shoobob

Registered
What is the best and most efficient way to stress test my gpu, so it is 100 percent rock solid stable?? :)

Do you have Unique Heaven?

Set tessellation to normal, 4x AA and just run it like that in loops for an hour or more at your desktop resolution.

What about furmark is that good?

No, don't use Furmark.

Furmark was a card killer so both nvidia and AMD added chips to the cards to throttle down during Furnark, as a result its not stressing the cards anymore.

Heaven in loop is about the best stress testing there is.

That actually makes sense as to even when I put the voltage quite high up on my card, it didn't really change the temps which I thought was extremely weird considering on my old card as soon as I touched the voltage the temps skyrocketed when testing in furmark

Yep use unigene heaven and you can max out the settings on it and let it run. Will put a good amount of stress to the card. It is what I use for testing video card heatsinks for review.

Back