• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire HD6950 Dirt 3 Edition, Dual Bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey,

I found a good deal on a Sapphire HD6950 Dirt3 Edition, and i want to get it IF its the dual bios version i can unlock.

Does anyone know if this could be one of the flashable cards?

I believe there is a dual bios on this one ( http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1041&lid=1&pid=1235&leg=0) , but even that feature won't guarantee unlocking: last 6950's on the market have been laser cutted.

No way to know until you try... Or ask the previous owner if used...

The card is about 1 year old, and has not been overclocked, the guy is selling cus hes running Crossfire 6970, so i suspect he got it in hope to unlock and oc to match the 6970?

In any case, i got him to agree on a price im happy with, so i am going to get it. If all fails and its not a dual bios one, i can always sell it without taking a loss. But 2x HD6950 2GB in crossfire should still run better then 1x HD6950 2gb thats been overclocked.

EDIT:
From what i can find online, this card is surely from the line of GPU's that were flashable.

It will be faster than a single 6950, of course, faster than a 580 and should roughly equal a 670/680 when OCed.

Back