• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Overclockers' Rig-o-the-Quarter, October-December, 2012

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which rig is your favorite out of the systems linked in the OP?

• Post #4 - BigTerminator's Black & Red HAF X

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Post #13 - hokie's Rhapsody in Red

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Post #18 - Kenny Wilson's Black & Blue HAF X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post #21 - wagex's NZXT Source 210 elite

• Post #31 - ZL1's Motherboard Tray

• Post #34 - Jazon1's Thermaltake Armor Revo

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Post #40 - Neuromancer's Xigmatek Elysium

• Post #42 - BlueZero's Project Wraith

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Post #54 - notarat's Lego RaspberryPi Build

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Post #60 - Devil_Dog's Corsair 800D

• Post #65 - caboose1227's Silverstone Lan Box

• Post #70 - 1xmattx1's Fractal Define Mini

• Post #74 - rollincoaster's Thor V2 White

• Post #81 - caddi daddi's Azza Hurricann 2000

• Post #87 - bittbull187's Ug Mug

• Post #88 - fall's Dimastech Bench Table

• Post #90 - snowbrdd's BitFenix Prodigy

• Post #93 - tungureanu's Cooler Master USP 100

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
since I see some re-entries. let me give my Wraith a chance again.

Specs:

CM Storm Trooper Chassis
ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme with VRMs watercooled
Core i7 3930k 5.0Ghz (1.52V vcore) on Koolance CPU-370
1 x DVD r/w CD (for DVD region 1)
1 x DVD + Blu-Ray r/w (for DVD region 3)
select1: GTX680 SLI @1250Mhz with Koolance waterblocks
select2: HD7970 @ 1300Mhz with EK waterblock
32Gb GSkill Trident 2400 DDR3 10-10-12-26 T1
BlackIce 120+240+240 (20-30 FPI) Radiators (max core temp at 70'c)
3 x 27" LED monitor with Corsair Vengeance Mouse and Keyboard.

Modifications:
Customed Pre-BIOS selection, allowing Custom set up.
:allowing me to load pre-set settings, and select GPU set up of my choice. (self coded)
Modified AP-30 4250 RPM fans. PWM mod makes it runs quiet.
Sound insulating foam coating for the entire interior. - Photo3
Self Modified Lighting system, system changes color according to sys load.
:from 50% and under, just UV tubes.
:from 50-85%, blue LED on fans light up.
:from 85% up, red LED takes over. (usually only under stress tests.)
Modified 4 inches tall leg, so bottom radiator can exhaust with lower pressure.
All Radiators have push/pull config. (a total of 15 fans in the system)

Log for those interested:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711191

my chosen photos:

First here's the outside, window side panel.
Lights are off, so the load is light.
I also used the old side panel as Back panel for my desk, so I have some cable space there, with wind circulation. :)
You can see my computer has rather tall legs, (4inches), this is to ensure the bottom radiator exhausts at good efficiency.

entry 5.jpg

Here's the desk set up, 3 monitors, 27" in the middle, with 3D enabled.
I am kinda big about the surround visual and audio. For speakers you can see
I use the sound stix, which are on the bottom of the two left/right screens,
sub-woofer on the ground.

entry 1.jpg

Here's some of the audio insulating foam. works well. this is applied to the entire unit.
On the right, you will see the Water blocks for the CPU and PCH, my mobo is R4E, which
koolance makes custom Water cooling blocks for. been a huge blessing, as my vrm always
overheat. Here you can also see the bottom radiator and the back radiator more clearly.
The Top radiator is taken out for this picture, buy you can see the room left for it.

entry 2.jpg

Here're the tubings in normal light, still clear after 6 mths. (Distill and Silver does the trick)
The Top radiator is now back in, using Reeven 2k RPM fans, they are quite nice.

Top right:
For the chassis the top three/bottom three bays are modified to be a wind tunnel.
Shown here is the top 3 bays. The Fan is an AP-30, with PWM mod, if it is always at 100%, it can be loud, so this is a must. :)
The flow indicator is also visible in this sector, so I can get a visual of the flow if required.
My reservoir here is just an XSPC single bay res with distill and Silver kill coil inside.

Bottom right:
here is a show of the Pre-Bios load up screen, this is programmed to load before
the System BIOS.

entry 3.jpg

Here are some different color my color goes on as CPU load is different.
Blue LED lites up when CPU loads hits 50%.
and Red LED automatically lites up at high CPU load.
bottom right you see a HDMI changer, as you can imagine I might need since I sometimes swap GPU choice,
this HDMI changer comes with a remote with the receivor on the desk, so when I change GPU, I just click
the remote for the Monitors to be hooked up right. :)

entry 4.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Last edited:
Well HB some pretty lights and 3 screens plus some color water and your in love!!! AJ. :drool: :p

I think this contest should have remained a month to month contest, since its not fair to those who participated before on the one month time line. If there is only one entry, then that rig gets the prize and is the "rig of the month" (as originally it began) instead of extending the contest for months until someone with a $5k rig steps in wows the whole audience, taking the prize once again from those who thought it was for October, but realized they got duped.
I don't mean to stir up any trouble, but rules are rules when you initiate a contest. What happens in January when you get a dozen entries in one day or each week? Does it suddently become a monthly contest again?

its just for fun anywho not like anyone wins anything :D

If you look at the original contest, it started out as a Rig-o-the-X. Month, quarter, some months...whatever. Specifically, what I said was "Welcome to what I hope will become a semi-monthly-whenever-we-think-about-it tradition!"

It's a fun way to show off your systems. There is no prize (other than a frontpage and facebook mention and the good feeling you have of winning). Frankly, I don't have the time to make this a monthly contest and that was a fear from the get-go. Before I extended it, there were something like four systems entered. Now there are more and that makes it more fun. At least IMHO.

Rig of the Months!

Yeah its just a bit of fun plus a chance to post your rig on the site, take me as a example! I posted my rig last month did not get one single vote at all, but i enjoyed taking part with the other members. Sometimes we tend to take things too seriously, just let go and enjoy IMO!!!!! :D :p

If you look at the original contest, it started out as a Rig-o-the-X. Month, quarter, some months...whatever. Specifically, what I said was "Welcome to what I hope will become a semi-monthly-whenever-we-think-about-it tradition!"

It's a fun way to show off your systems. There is no prize (other than a frontpage and facebook mention and the good feeling you have of winning). Frankly, I don't have the time to make this a monthly contest and that was a fear from the get-go. Before I extended it, there were something like four systems entered. Now there are more and that makes it more fun. At least IMHO.

Well put

Here's my submission for "Rig of the ..."

Raspberry Pi in Custom Lego case.
Specs:
Arm Processor 700MHz @1GHz
Core Processor 250MHz @400MHz
GPU 250MHz @400 MHz
512 MB RAM @400MHz
Not overvolted
Asus Bluetooth Keyboard/Remote Control
Hauppauge HVR-950Q TV Tuner Stick
(2) Enzotech all-copper Heat Sinks on ARM Processor and USB Controller Chip
Cooled by USB-to-3-pin 5v Fan adapter and 50mm fan
Manhattan Mondo-Hub (28 port USB Hub comprised of 4 USB 3.0 Ports + 24 USB 2.0 Ports)
Total Usable Ports = 5 Internal USB Ports + 9 External USB Ports
Power Usage = 3.5W while playing back Marvel's "The Avengers" at 1080p with 5.1 Dolby Audio

After installing the Pi and the 28 port hub onto the 32x32 lego plate, I built the case around them to secure them in place.

Then, I built a false floor into the case to cover the cables inside the case and to isolate the Pi section from the storage section. The storage section contains the single wall wart that powers the entire system. It also contains a small container for storing the SD Cards and USB Sticks that have the data as well as different operating systems. The case contains a built-in tray to hold the wireless bluetooth keyboard/remote control.

It's using the .83 version of XBian (XBox media center) and runs just fine with a 160/352 memory split.

Edited to Add: Pic of Sanford & Son TV Show is from Windows. Connect to the Pi using its IP Address + Port in Firefox/IE and the Pi serves up Television to any of the computers on my network, or even my Tablet or Phone.

Edited again to include a link to some higher res pics
http://imageshack.us/g/1/9907766/

Attachments

• img0151gg.jpg
    img0151gg.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 7,387
  • img0162ox.jpg
    img0162ox.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 7,224
  • img0184cg.jpg
    img0184cg.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 7,171
  • img0191nq.jpg
    img0191nq.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 7,724
  • img0194ct.jpg
    img0194ct.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 7,179
Last edited:

Specs:
GPU 250MHz @400 MHz
512 MB RAM @400MHz
Not overvolted
Manhattan Mondo-Hub (28 port USB Hub comprised of 4 USB 3.0 Ports + 24 USB 2.0 Ports)
Power Usage = 3.5W while playing back Marvel's "The Avengers" at 1080p with 5.1 Dolby Audio

After installing the Pi and the 28 port hub onto the 32x32 lego plate, I built the case around them to secure them in place.

Then, I built a false floor into the case to cover the cables inside the case and to isolate the Pi section from the storage section. The storage section contains the single wall wart that powers the entire system. It also contains a small container for storing the SD Cards and USB Sticks that have the data as well as different operating systems. The case contains a built-in tray to hold the wireless bluetooth keyboard/remote control.

It's using the .83 version of XBian (XBox media center) and runs just fine with a 160/352 memory split.

Edited to Add: Pic of Sanford & Son TV Show is from Windows. Connect to the Pi using its IP Address + Port in Firefox/IE and the Pi serves up Television to any of the computers on my network, or even my Tablet or Phone.

EPIC!!!

I want one because i can play with lego.

Specs:
GPU 250MHz @400 MHz
512 MB RAM @400MHz
Not overvolted

wow. ***Grabs heart and feigns massive heart attack...***

Does it play the Sanford and Son theme song at log in too?

(Friend of mine has that as a ring tone, she owns a thrift shop lol)

I vote for you just for that :)

Nice to see something totally different on the forums way to go Bro! AJ.

Back