• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A bit of an oddity???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S_I_N

OK so I bought a XFX 7950 from Newegg a month ago This One heres the (well not realty an issue) issue the card is supposed to be 800Mhz on the core, mine is 900Mhz even the box says it. I ordered a second one exact same link as before. And I got a second one exactly the same. 900Mhz on core and model number showing as the linked card. I have googled and googled but cant seem to find the TDFC with 900Mhz core lol. Even XFX's site says its a 800Mhz core card by part number. heres a pic of the box label
xfxlable_zpsc01bdb77.jpg

There is nothing wrong with either card just kinda bamboozeled by the difference. Maybe early shipment??

Hmm the only version of the XFX 7950 that would have the 900mhz core would be the Double D Black Edition afaik. I don't think the one you ordered is the BE, maybe they sent you one? Are you checking the part number off your box or off of the site?

Either way I wouldnt be complaining about a higher core clock :p

Both box and site say TDFC newegg and xfx report 800 core box and card show 900 now ya see my confusion anyway back to putting them under water

Yeah may be some confusion during packaging since the BE and regular DD versions are so similar...

Might be bug BE is TDBC these cards are clearly marked TDFC on box and card which shoul be 800 core but card boots at 900 core and as you see the box is labeled 900 core

well a new note the water block for the TDFC dont fit. It has caps in the wrong place for it to work outside of that I probably could of made it work.

so my guess is something is amiss with this particular batch of cards.

FX-795A-TDFC

waiting on PPCS to get a word back from Alpha-cool in Germany as to why they say it fits the TDFC when it doesn't lol. Then I can send them back and hopefully find something that will.

Here, there is definitely something weird going on because there is another link that shows 800mHz Here which is the general 7950 page.

It is not really the core clock that is puzzling me it is the fact that your waterblock does not fit... Are you completely sure you are installing it properly?

heres my issue now lol the yellow circled parts hit the block. The ones at the back not so bad. But the front part the block cant sit down on it with those there.

lol so there is 2 different FX-795A-TDFC no wonder my blocks dont fit.

lmao might help if I posted the pic.

7950pcblayoutx2_zps650a6e6e.jpg

yes I have stripped down the card twice. first time to fit block and second time to take pics I forgot to take before putting it back together.

Last edited:
Yellow circled parts, you mean the capacitors? :shrug:

Have you completely stripped the card? Take a picture if possible.

ok after extensive and eye straining looking it seems XFX on a whim has made these now 900 cored I have even seen some 925 cored ones. same TDFC hell I've even seen a TDFC 7970 so not sure how to look at their part numbering lol.

Back