• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running Four Displays on Radeon HD6870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sa3atsky

I have a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 trying to run 4 "FOUR" monitors simultaneously. The screens are different brands running different resolutions.

I have been unable to run more than 3 at the same time.

Outputs on my videocard are:
2x DVI
1x Displayport (I have already placed an active displayport to DVI adapter on the displayport.)
1x HDMI

All outputs are being utilized; Simply put, this card cannot run more than 3 screens.

What are my options? Can I install a cheap low-profile card on the side such as the HD6450 and find a solution to this annoying problem?

Agreed with the cheapo card, I believe normal eyefinity was limited at 3 screens (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Looks like I'm goin for the HD6450
I do have an older-gen card lyin around (HD4350), how about that one?

Is it possible to pair an old HD4350 with an HD6870?

Yup. Since your not using Crossfire, just running the card for an extra monitor, it doesn't matter what the extra GPU is.

Depending on what you're doing with the fourth monitor, they make USB 'video cards', too.

Tritton/Eclipse makes one called the.. SeeUVsomethingorother, I think. Basically, you plug it into a USB port, and it's a dongle with a VGA. I wouldn't game with it, but it works for the basic stuff.

Its not cool how everybody failed to mention that you cant use different-gen videocards together. Lesson learned, looks like I'm ordering the HD6450

failtomention.jpg

Its not cool how everybody failed to mention that you cant use different-gen videocards together. Lesson learned, looks like I'm ordering the HD6450
Considering you had mentioned the 6450 in your first post, I'm guessing everyone assumed that is the card you were going to buy. You should have asked if you weren't sure.

When I'm helping someone, I don't list every possible contingency or problem they may run into, because that would be massively time consuming and probably confusing. Instead, I tailor it to what information they've given.

Back