• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7970 toxic is driving me crazy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
+1 Asrock X79 Extreme 6 has been a good board here at the OC form.
Try not tightening the video card to the case and see if it will boot, jiggle it around and try again you might have a bent case check to see it's squarely seated.

Last edited:
Thanks and I have reviewed the asrock specifications, looked great though I'm drolling for the extreme 11 ,
I have tried that before the only one thing that I don't understand is why the sapphire logo light flashes ? Then goes out ? Does that mean the pcie slot is not delivering power ?

Thanks and I have reviewed the asrock specifications, looked great though I'm drolling for the extreme 11 ,
I have tried that before the only one thing that I don't understand is why the sapphire logo light flashes ? Then goes out ? Does that mean the pcie slot is not delivering power ?

The sapphire logo should indeed be on, that is purely a power issue! Have you tired the card in all PCI-e slots on your motherboard?

I have an AsRock WS (Extreme9) with a few missing features, Wifi and others. I love this motherboard. I went from the MSI Z77 MPower. Coulndt be happier. But does sound like you have issues with the motherboard. The Extreme 11, is drolling, but its a pricy thing! Gonna run you almost the same as another Toxic card. Most people just get the Asus Rampage x79.

Do try the card in other slots.

If one card works in the slot and one does not I would have to believe somehow the card is not in the slot to work well.

Iv seen a similar problem once and and had to pull on one end of the card to get it to work and then bend the case to match.

Last edited:
The sapphire logo should indeed be on, that is purely a power issue! Have you tired the card in all PCI-e slots on your motherboard?

I have an AsRock WS (Extreme9) with a few missing features, Wifi and others. I love this motherboard. I went from the MSI Z77 MPower. Coulndt be happier. But does sound like you have issues with the motherboard. The Extreme 11, is drolling, but its a pricy thing! Gonna run you almost the same as another Toxic card. Most people just get the Asus Rampage x79.

Do try the card in other slots.
To be honest I have tried the other pcie 3 slot I didn't try the pcie 2 , I agree about the price thing , thanks for the comment brother

If one card works in the slot and one does not I would have to believe somehow the card is not in the slot to work well.

Iv seen a similar problem once and and had to pull on one end of the card to get it to work and then bend the case to match.

Hardware act crazy sometimes I agree but why it works great even without touching it all I have to do is switching on and off , by the way I forgot to mention 1 one thing I guess it's very important , when the card work the first thing I see is (check sum error default loaded)
I guess when I log in to windows another bios profile loads and cause the issue ! What do you guys think ?

I guess it beginning to sound like your motherboard bios has trouble with that video card.

I updated the bios nothing changed , I found another update but it's not on the gigabytes official website , what do think ? Should I try that one ?

I guess it beginning to sound like your motherboard bios has trouble with that video card.

I updated the bios nothing changed , I found another update but it's not on the gigabytes official website , what do think ? Should I try that one ?

Well there is a possibility that it will brick your board, however you have dual bios so it should go back to your backup bios if it does not work.

Back