• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I'm not gonna lie. I'm jealous of several of the things given away in this program.

Wonder who you gotta know at the egg to get into this program.

Wonder who you gotta know at the egg to get into this program.

I don't know anybody at NewEgg. :confused:
You have to submit reviews on stuff you've bought, and having those reviews get marked by other users as "helpful" is all that you need to do.
Once you get enough of each (apparently), they send you an invite.

I've been a NewEgg customer since 2001. 67 reviews, 37 helpfulness. First review in 2007. Apparently I'm a "Top 1000 reviewer" as well. Start putting up reviews - you'll get an invite eventually. I didn't even know about the program when I received mine a couple years ago.

Once you're logged in to their site, click on your name at the top and go to Dashboard.
That shows join date, reviews #, helpfulness #, first review & last review.
Keep in mind you can also look through your order history and start adding reviews for everything. ;)

I don't know anybody at NewEgg. :confused:
You have to submit reviews on stuff you've bought, and having those reviews get marked by other users as "helpful" is all that you need to do.
Once you get enough of each (apparently), they send you an invite.

I've been a NewEgg customer since 2001. 67 reviews, 37 helpfulness. First review in 2007. Apparently I'm a "Top 1000 reviewer" as well. Start putting up reviews - you'll get an invite eventually. I didn't even know about the program when I received mine a couple years ago.

I was actually kind of joking, I'm assuming most people don't know anyone at Newegg.

Yeah, I've submitted a review for basically everything I've ever bought though the site, plus a few other things that I've bought elsewhere. I haven't really bought that many things through Newegg though.

Date Joined: 04/02/2011
Reviews: 29
Helpfulness: 11
First Review: 04/26/2011

Last edited:
Anyone know how one can find all their reviews?
just curious.

Once you're logged in to their site, click on your name at the top and go to Dashboard.
That shows join date, reviews #, helpfulness #, first review & last review.
Keep in mind you can also look through your order history and start adding reviews for everything. ;)

You can also click on "view profile" in that section to see a list of all of your reviews.

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed this? My reviews for purchased items are being tagged with EggXpert review.

I noticed that, too. I'm thinking that they intend for all of your reviews to have YOU marked as an Eggxpert, but the expert reviews to be tagged as such.

If that's the case, they apparently haven't worked all of the wrinkles out of it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: never ask questions while prepping for midterms, and being low on caffeine...
You end up looking at the answers.......and thinking......they are so OBVIOUS!

Prime Student? Midterms?

I'm beginning to feel like the old man around here...

LOL, 33yo student. Not the typical college brat xD

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, your systems....enough dukes references? Too bad what Bubba Watson did to the General Lee. Idiot golfer......poor car........couldn't he have just blown it up.....that would have been at least a proper way to go.

LOL, 33yo student. Not the typical college brat xD

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, your systems....enough dukes references? Too bad what Bubba Watson did to the General Lee. Idiot golfer......poor car........couldn't he have just blown it up.....that would have been at least a proper way to go.

Weird. I was updating the machine list while you typed that! Check it out now for a more accurate list.

Yep, def not a typical college brat (major in partying and minor in binge drinking without knowing exactly why he's there except that he was told to by his parents or "society").

Still younger than me, tho!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and since I'm running an AD in my house, the hostnames are more relevant than in the typical home network (hence them all being from Hazzard).

I'm running an IT business out of that network so it has to have some semblance of order.

You do know who Coy and Vance are, right?

Last edited:
Yeah......One cannot have history without having both the good and bad. You may not agree with the past, but it is the past, and ya cannot change it no matter how much you destroy or, as the term would have it WHITEWASH...how ironic a term no? Anywho!

I usually name my systems after the Gundam models from the series that take place in the Universal Century timeline.
RX-0, MSN-06S, NZ-666, etc.

Back