• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ah

So, technically...
Its a buy in program.

El Sigh.

-snip-

Not really. I've been an IT and engineering professional for more than 20 years. When I read about the program getting underway, I started grabbing everything in my office within arm's reach that was still for sale on newegg and reviewed it. If I had to buy a part for a customer, I reviewed it. If I built a whole computer or server for a customer (or myself) I reviewed each piece. I didn't go after buzzwords or lingo, I was just thorough and made sure my writing was well done (that part was easy, being a lifetime grammar nazi after being raised by educators, one of whom was an English teacher).

My sudden flurry of reviews must have caught their attention because I got an invite only a few months into the program, even though I bought most of the equipment I had reviewed up to that point elsewhere.

I'm beginning to think Corsair really like me, my last 5 items have all been corsair I think.

I'm beginning to think Corsair really like me, my last 5 items have all been corsair I think.

I think Corsair is probably one of the better companies in terms of giving samples. Seems like they have a LOT that they give (donate?) as Eggxpert sample items. ASRock may be the 2nd most, or maybe TP-LINK is. Out of all the things I've been able to review, I think brand wise Corsair I've gotten the most items from; probably TP-LINK would be the 2nd and then ASRock.

I'd love to get a Corsair CLC to test; my 4790K is a hot one and my 212 Evo doesn't really contain it well enough to do any OC'ing.
Or a mechanical KB (obviously which Corsair has several of) so I can finally see what the fuss is about. :D

Seems like CPU's and GPU's are the only odd men out; don't think I've seen anyone get those to review. I'm surprised a few lucky people have gotten monitors and NAS's.

seems those are reserved for professional reviewers only (or popular youtubers to shill their products)
I've seen reviews for DDR3 and DDR4 ram too but never cpu or gpu's

Not really. I've been an IT and engineering professional for more than 20 years. When I read about the program getting underway, I started grabbing everything in my office within arm's reach that was still for sale on newegg and reviewed it. If I had to buy a part for a customer, I reviewed it. If I built a whole computer or server for a customer (or myself) I reviewed each piece. I didn't go after buzzwords or lingo, I was just thorough and made sure my writing was well done (that part was easy, being a lifetime grammar nazi after being raised by educators, one of whom was an English teacher).

My sudden flurry of reviews must have caught their attention because I got an invite only a few months into the program, even though I bought most of the equipment I had reviewed up to that point elsewhere.
It seems to be a different case for me, I never even heard about this program until I got an email from newegg asking me to join. The last time I really bought a whole system was back in 2008 and I reviewed almost all the things. Since than a few odd purchases here and there and didnt really leave reviews for most of it.

Seems to also be based on review helpfulness.

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed this? My reviews for purchased items are being tagged with EggXpert review.

I have noticed that almost all my reviews now show the EggXpert tag, even items that I did not get through the program. I was looking around yesterday and saw that.

Wow.

Well you are officially more helpful than I am.

If Newegg had a student version of their premier thing, like Amazon's Prime Student.....I'd buy from newegg more, and do more reviews.
But free 2day shipping for free for 6 months, cancel before end of trial and pay nothing........yeah.....amazon has me.

most of the stuff has free shipping and the no sales tax is why I shop on ne
I do have prime student though ;p

I was late submitting my last review, it's been a few weeks since I got the item, but I had been very busy with other things and haven't had much time to do anything on a computer lately. Just submitted my review yesterday and got a new invite today, for a Linksys router: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124605

My girlfriend (who is the manager of the tech department at the local Staples) is way too excited about it.

Back