• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a 3770K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not in Canada? I'm pretty sure you're on the internet now... and Hardforum should work even in Canada. :p

A 2011 rig is a waste of money, especially with IB-e coming soon.

Not in Canada my good man.

Edit: Full time job Leegit.

Normally the prices are shipped including to Canada as well(Or just tell them you will pay the extra cost to Canada, it's really not that much). Go check the HardForum.com classies, they are open to the public. If you can find a seller that will sell to a newcomer (we all have to start somewhere), then there you go, just make sure they are credible and have heatware. They may require you to pay first since you would have no trade history.

Mind = Changed...

Going to Haswell, and i'm going to go with a 4770K and a ASUS Z87-PRO LGA 1150. I'm done with this motherboard for now, i'll come back to into when i get farther into benching.

By farther into benching i mean either Ln2, or Dice. So we're talking maybe sometime next year. I'm going to be picking up a 3770K for my Birthday in July.

Last edited:
Mind = Changed...

Going to Haswell, and i'm going to go with a 4770K and a ASUS Z87-PRO LGA 1150. I'm done with this motherboard for now, i'll come back to into when i get farther into benching.

By farther into benching i mean either Ln2, or Dice. So we're talking maybe sometime next year. I'm going to be picking up a 3770K for my Birthday in July.
040609sky_front_t300.jpg

I would recommend getting familiar with our Haswell Overclocking Guide so you will have a better understanding of the parameters and settings.

So i've decided i'm just going to get another 3770K. Also is Gelid GC Extreme Thermal compound any good? Picked some up last night. I have to do a presentation today on how to build a computer. Surprisingly to my brothers doing all my thermal compound was gone! No wonder my bed was covered in the sh*t the other day... Little bugger.

Edit: I also contacted Intel Customer support. We'll see what they do shall we?

Last edited:
Just post a picture of whatever you have when you have it... dont say another word, LOL, as it will ineveitably change. :p

Intel should return it no problems... shouldnt be a question. Setup and RMA and return it.

Good Mornin' Earth!

1 Question:

Is the TIM any good?

I'm trying to set one up as we speak! I hope i get a new one! :)

You will... don't sweat it. That is why you have the insurance (right?). If you don't have the insurance and killed it yourself, be prepared for a ribbing for returning a product you broke yourself... ;)

That TIM is fine. I wouldnt worry too much about TIM honestly as they are all within a couple C anyway. :)

Darren did not get the insurance, because he didn't know about it when he bought his processor. I can always hope. it could have died from natural causes, for all we know?

Darren did not get the insurance, because he didn't know about it when he bought his processor. I can always hope. it could have died from natural causes, for all we know?
LOL, no. But do what you have to do, just keep it to yourself... for your sake. :thup:

Us, stop telling US about your shady dealings as people HERE may jump on you for doing this move as it isn't right. Your broke it, without insurance, you should eat the costs (morally). I pesonally dont care, just trying to prevent you from getting jumped on even more.

I would refer you to my sig quote: xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky.""

Seriously? No, we do not delete threads. They are historical record, for better or worse. The only time we delete threads is if they break the rules. If you stop responding - especially in the Intel CPU section - it will drop off the page very quickly.

Back