• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 4670 bottleneck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sp3ar2envi

Registered
Hi, I'm building my first computer and trying to figure out which CPU to get. My graphics is a GTX 770. Will an I5-4670 non overclocked not be good enough? If overclocking is easy I could get the "k" model. The problem does my motherboard support it. I have the GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX Intel Motherboard. Can I even overclock with this board? This computer will be used for gaming only which is why maybe I should get an i5.. and not an i7. I plan to get a good water cooler either way. I will be using a single 1080p screen. Does hyperthreading make a big difference? Is that all ill lose not getting an i7?

You already have a thread in general hardware, please post your question there. It's extremely confusing when you have a ton of different threads all over the forums as all the advice gets fragmented. It's pretty much the same people seeing your post anyway.

Back