• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED PC won't POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pzykotik; caddi daddi has a couple of pretty powerful AMD FX rigs. He never says this often but HE says he likes his #2 motherboard the best. The Asus Sabertooth 990FX is a bit cheaper and in Rev 2.0 works fine. Stay away from the Sabertooth 990FX GEN3 Rev 2.0. They seem no longer for sale in the Usa but you might come across one and we have just seen too many have problems with the GEN3 R2.0.

It takes good, no make that really good cooling to push these FX cpus. I would get the later FX-6350 like "johan45" just recently bought. The later 6 cores like the FX-6350 clock well and do so a little cooler. If you look at caddi daddi's cooling, you will see he does not have anything like a mini-water loop. He gets good speed because of his boards and g00d cooling.

I tell you this so that you might make a better informed decision based on those of us that have helped with AMD FX processors for nearly 2 years now. And ""we"" actually own fast running FX processors on good motherboards and on water.

You could put the differnce in mobo money into better water cooling.
RGone...

Here's a link to a post where I got the FX-6350 up to 4.6 on air, most everything you'll need to see is in the post. The only thing I'd like to mention is the Antec 1200 Case. Which can move a lot of air through itself. Also it was on a M5A99FX PRO R2 Mobo.

Hard to say. If you solved the problem by switching the video priority and haven't had an issue since. You may have a failing battery that's letting the mobo forget it's settings??

Thanks RGone, Johan45 and caddi daddi.

Lots of good advices.

I'll look into these when I put some money in there.

So an upgrade from what I got would be...

sabertooth 990fx with fx-6350
Hd 7850 2gb
and better water cooling? I'm not too comfortable with actual water cooling, I'd get the Kuhler 920 instead of the 620 (is there really a difference?) or something else in these lines.
My temps were pretty good when I tried to OC, even tho it failed.

Back