• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Invalid Service Installation at INF.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firewire

Registered
A Service Installation Section is Invalid at this INF.

I'm trying to install a D-Link DWL520 PCI Card into my PC under windows XP. The OS recognizes the new hardware and prompts for the driver disk. When I put the disk from D-Link in it starts the driver download then stops and gives the error in my title.

Aaaaaaccckkkkk this driver is driving me nuts~! :D

Anyone know of any tips, tricks or secrets to get this thing up and running?

I've contacted D-Link support but still no help. :(

Thanks to all who reply.

Last edited:
Well, w/ my Windows 2000, if a card isn't exactly known, it'll install drivers from Realtek that work pretty good. I would imagine its the same for your WinXP. You might wanna try Windows Update to see if they have drivers for it.

I've had problems with missing driver files on disks with D-Link. Just go on their site and find the drivers.

Thanks rnpgrosz for your input. I did download the drivers off of D-Link support site still got the same error message.

Begining to wonder if it's a Soyo INF file problem. Probably should see if there are any updated drivers there as well.

Back