• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10/24 updates crash entire O/S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

So the forced 10/24 updates completely ruin my O/S.

Any ideas?

I've had to system restore twice now. Every time it updates I have restore since windows will not boot. It just crashes each time.

do you have a KB# on the ones you think cause it?

I haven't updated my system in months so i'm doing ok other wise I would be in the same boat as you i'm sure

I'm not surprised that Windows Updates have caused problems again. It has happened to me 2 times in the past. Surprisingly, my computer is fine at the moment. Would like to know which KB is the problem.

More info needed - which updates is it trying to install and how does it crash? What happens when windows tries to boot after the update is applied?

I just finished doing a clean install of Windows 7 x64 on another system (not mine). Did all the Windows updates until there were no updates left. The machine is running fine.

Current with updates and no issues on my rigs.

Do you have your system set to auto-update? If so, you may be getting some drivers for hardware such as LAN or GPU that have some install issues.......just a thought.

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with Windows updates.

I think I will start fresh. I've had general slowness over the last few months that I cannot pinpoint anywhere.

Back