• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DoSearch.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

I've had quite a bit of trouble with this lately and it seems to be on the rise. At work we have a 2nd system with this issue now. After we run all out scans (multiple anti-viruses) I mean i've tried EVERYTHING removing all possible bad programs, hijack this, list goes on forever. Internet Explorer will still redirect to this website.

Just curious if anyone has come across this and how to fix this issue. It has been driving me insane. Looking for how to fix it manually if possible.

Have you done a virus scan from outside Windows?

Make a bootable USB with Bitdefender, let me know if it finds anything.

I tried some of that stuff malwarebytes i did and similar things. Stupid me I did not check the target on the IE shortcut.... Fixed lol.

thanks for the suggestions tho.

I tried some of that stuff malwarebytes i did and similar things. Stupid me I did not check the target on the IE shortcut.... Fixed lol.

thanks for the suggestions tho.

Lol was just going to recommend doing that... I was in the same situation, cleaned the system thoroughly and still browsers would re-direct to some page, turned out inside the shortcut :eek:

Yeah I had even searched and modified all the reg keys lol it was insane. I have a feeling I will be seeing a lot more of them. Tend to see trends it will start with one or two maybe in a week or two of each other. Then it will be like a big wave of the same type's of infections. Right now FBI has been super hot at my work right now. I've been seeing tons of that lately. But I have a feeling this DoSearch garbage is going to pick up.

Install your OS onto a relatively small partition and do not keep any personal files on that partition.

Set things the way you like them to be then image.

Why bother fixing even a simplest problem thereafter? Just Nuke & Reimage back to when you set things the way you want them to be.

Back