• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IIS Webhosthing CGI/Perl/ASP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kingslayer said:
The header name is whatever you want to name the header. "Buddies Website", whatever.

The value is the actual address. Make three entries though to make sure every type of request gets through.

http://www.dryhumpme.com
www.dryhumpme.com
dryhumpme.com

Do the same with your site too.

I can add 3 but not on the same name?

its goto be

Name:humpme.org
Value: http://www.humpme.org
Name: HUMPME.org
Value: www.humpme.org
Name: Humpme
value :humpme.org

will it still work?

Last edited:
it dosent seem to work?

ween i go to humpme.org it goes to the same page as my other host? www.s-9.no-ip.com & Humpme.org goes to the same page even with the Header.... i was wondering is there a Tutorial on the Header Like a BIG 1 with all the steps ? becuase im not sure what im doing rong... or hehe if u have PCAnywhere you can do it remotely.... with my supervision =p

Remember there are two sides to a webserver. The local side (LAN) and the out side (WAN). If you are trying to get to your site from within your LAN your probably going to have to get to it by ip addy. Such as http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (XXX's are that computers IP addy).

The NoIP is coming up because the DNS for the website is probably still set to dns1.noip.com and dns2.noip.com. You need to change these entries to the IP of the DNS server you have setup for this website.

If you haven't done this, welcome to lesson 2. Setting Up Your DNS Server.

ok.... i think you lost me.... S-9.no-ip.com is redirected to 216.138.232.29 And that ip is boun to 192.168.1.3 <-- internal ip

humpme.org is redirected to my Nameserver witch is ns1.hn.org and aux1.hn.org and does are bound to 216.138.232.29 and thats bound to 192.168.1.3 the sethings i have on my Header is

Name:S-9 Value: Http://www.s-9.no-ip.com
Name:s9 Value: www.s-9.no-ip.com
Name:S_9 Value: s-9.no-ip.com

they are all the Main Folder for IIS
i also have

Name: humpme Value: http://www.humpme.org
Name: humpme.org Value: www.humpme.org
Name: Humpme Value: humpme.org

S-9 is supost to redirect to www.216.138.232.29/
and humpme.org is redirect to www.216.138.232.29/tali/

i have put these sethings in.
Internet Services Manager --->Webpage--->Right Click Properties-->HTTP HHEADERS--->

Enable Content Expiration Off
****om HTTP HEADERS ( options Add, Edit, Remove )
In the Box i have this :

Name:S-9 Value: Http://www.s-9.no-ip.com
Name:s9 Value: www.s-9.no-ip.com
Name:S_9 Value: s-9.no-ip.com
Name: humpme Value: http://www.humpme.org
Name: humpme.org Value: www.humpme.org
Name: Humpme Value: humpme.org

i hit apply and it ask for chiled node i click on /Tali for the humpme.org and nothing for S-9.no-ip.com

all this is in the main Dir

IN the Vertual Dir's is Tali
i did not enter anything in the properties of this folder besides personal sethings.

I hope this will help you understand my configurations

Ok. Do you have your own DNS setup? If you do, ping the web page from an outside computer and see what IP it resolves to. The IP of the site that is resolved, must match the DNS server IP address.

what do u mean if i have my own DNS server? and ween i ping my server/host from any computer in the world ( well my friends ) they all resolve to 216.138.232.29 ( that is my IP ) so im not sure what you are trying to say?

but i think its anouf now.....i will not get into the Custom header right now....my main GOAL is to get GCI working i have PHP5 installed on my server and i toled IIS to look in ?:\PHP\PHP.EXE %s %s for .cgi extensions will that enable CGI on my webpage? and how can i set it up so everything works fine?

ok im BACK!! hehe i think i got CGI to work....PHP just dosent seem to want to work.....my even tryed to install it and is not sure but hes more of a Apach Tech

so anyhow i wanted to kno if you can refer me to a good Free CGI page so i can download some apps and test them but they have to work for Win2k all the 1s i found dont work becuase they are for Nix = (

also i was wondering if it askes me to

ex: Chmod admin.cgi and download.cgi 755 and variables.pl

how do i set that up? i was toled does are Nix command so im not sure how to by pass it i set the permisions but it dosent seem to work so i came to the concluesion that they only work for Nix and i was also toled that theres a recompiler so it can work on Win32 but im not sure where to go?

Btw abou the other topics with the HTTP Headers
im still not sure where to put it??
i was thinking to set it in the MAIN CONFIG...
AKA: ISS (computer name) and select WWW Config
but i think thats only for the general webpage
soooooo i wanted to kno should i set the HTTP Headers for every
extra VDir ? like if i want www.me.com to go to www.localhost.com/me i would set the sethings in the configurations for that folder only?

lol well i think im gething lost but anyhow this is what i think =)

well im back and i have bad news =( i rebooted my server 1 day and poof blew it up now i have it all set up but the only thing is i need to kno how to work the HTTP Headers, Can you plz give me a step by step intruction or refere me to a URL on how to make the Http Header work with Mutiple Domains on the same IP.

Thx Allot =)

Back