• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice needed on registry twesk 4 fsx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firas

Good day
so i am up and running with my cpu tweak but i was wondering if any one can help me when i pay fsx offline is there a way to disable as much as i can from apps and services so the game can get most of the juice

and also if there is already s regitry tweak whete i can download and merge it

many thanks

Good day
so i am up and running with my cpu tweak but i was wondering if any one can help me when i pay fsx offline is there a way to disable as much as i can from apps and services so the game can get most of the juice

and also if there is already s registry tweak whete i can download and merge it

many thanks

Firas,

Unless you are familiar with the Registry and have much experience tweaking it, stay away from those "Registry Cleaners."
Some mistakes are not forgiving and require a reinstall of your OS if you or the program screws it up.

Try adding the line HIGHMEMFIX=1 to the fsx.cfg file (normally found in the C:\Users\Firas\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX directory), located directly under the [GRAPHICS] section of the file...

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

Thank u both but there is an other part to my quetion how can i disable all the services that i dont need when playing the other thing is i am good at registry it wont be my first or last but thank u 4 looking out

:)

Most services should not be disabled, unless you have a specific, not general need. If you are using your own anti virus or your own Firewall software, perhaps maybe you could consider disabling Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.

Registry Cleaners do not offer measurable increase in speed, they can do more harm than good - therefore do not use them for that purpose. Maybe use them to quickly clean browser history and clean open document history and things of that nature but do not allow them to blindly 'clean your registry'.

Check third party programs that start with Windows, here's good freeware that quickly tells you what is starting up with Windows that was installed after Windows was installed http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/what_run_in_startup.html

@c627627

You are always a great help i will look into the link you provided , I never said any thing about registry software i said is there a way to tweak the registry to disable what i dont want

but after thinking about it i see what you and RollingThunder are talking about

many thanks

Back